Recalled/Assigned: Leafs Recall Trevor Moore (on Emergency Basis)

nuck

Schrodingers Cat
Aug 18, 2005
I think Bracco would have been the better choice.

He just getting rolling so I personally would hope they don't do anything to mess with his momentum. Hopefully he has an even better second half and can push the Marlies into the playoffs. Also he is a natural replacement for an injured dangler, not a grinder.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I mean, considering the role that's open I do concur with Moore being the call-up...but I still don't get this post. Was it sarcastic? Bracco is about as pure of a playmaker you'll find.
I'm sure he will do well whenever he called up, good PP guy.

budzz

History is just that.
Jan 26, 2015
Never watched much of the Marlies last year. Did Goat and Moore play together at all? That kind of familiarity would help...

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
Never watched much of the Marlies last year. Did Goat and Moore play together at all? That kind of familiarity would help...
I'm sure they have, Moore has played a lot with Greening the last 2 seasons and is starting to play with Brooks more lately

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I'm ok with him taking Marleau spot on the Matthews line, Marleau doesn't seem to anticipate or read Matthews or Kappy well in the Ozone, seems to be wandering about unsure of what to do or where to go

Battle Lin

Dec 18, 2015
moore showed some amazing burst of speed and really showed his skating this game...with kapanen and then johnsson

now moore...to go along with nylander and marner

its crystal clear...dubas and babs want to be fast...and dam we are fast, hes probably a big reason why we parted with leivo, speed is just fun to watch

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
He's quick and works hard. Don't think he'll provide much offense. Should be a solid 4th liner who can move up if there's an injury.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Why only an emergency recall? Ennis is out long term and Hyman still has like 2 weeks?

I understand the holiday break is starting, but wouldn't you want to reward Moore with NHL pay for a bit?

Fair to the player or not with the roster freeze in effect they wouldn't have been able to demote him if it was a normal recall. Being an emergency one they can, and likely will, and they're likely saving as much cap space for the deadline as they can. 4 extra days without Moore's salary will save about 20k, at the deadline that's an extra 90k they can add. Alone it's not a lot but they'll continue to do it and every little bit counts. The freeze is over before their next game they'll likely recall him on the 28th.

Reactions: Stand Witness

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
He looked solid today. Had a lot of speed especially considering he is coming off 2 games in a row with the Marlies.

Sweet Leaf

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Looks great.

When we get Hyman back our 4th line should be Moore/Lindholm/Brown. That's a 4th line that's going to be a pain in the ass to play.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Showing great speed and hustle so far. We need more of these guys in the system coming up for jobs for sure. Skill guys who can fill a utility role and aren't top six guys cast into bottom six roles.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad