Confirmed with Link: Leafs re-sign Justin Holl -- 3 years 2M AAV

hobarth

Jul 10, 2011
I see that a lot of people have a lot of love for Dermott and that's fine but TO's coaches don't seem to share this love.

Last night against the Islanders or more specifically against the Barzal line Keefe used the Marincin/Holl pairing, it sure seemed to work as they both were +3 which means they were on for all 3 Leaf goals, none against. If Keefe was thinking Dermott was superior to Marincin you'd expect he would've played Dermott with Holl. Marincin and Holl have a history together with the Marlies, they were dominant during the year the Marlies won it all.

Marincin has warts and that's something that Keefe acknowledges but not only in Marincin or Dermott. The Leaf forwards are often still playing as when Babs was coaching, leaving the d zone way too early. The Leafs d will improve as Keefe instills better habits in the forwards.

Reactions: Keon1963

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
I see that a lot of people have a lot of love for Dermott and that's fine but TO's coaches don't seem to share this love.

Last night against the Islanders or more specifically against the Barzal line Keefe used the Marincin/Holl pairing, it sure seemed to work as they both were +3 which means they were on for all 3 Leaf goals, none against. If Keefe was thinking Dermott was superior to Marincin you'd expect he would've played Dermott with Holl. Marincin and Holl have a history together with the Marlies, they were dominant during the year the Marlies won it all.

Marincin has warts and that's something that Keefe acknowledges but not only in Marincin or Dermott. The Leaf forwards are often still playing as when Babs was coaching, leaving the d zone way too early. The Leafs d will improve as Keefe instills better habits in the forwards.

I don't see a long-term spot for Dermott, wouldn't be surprised if he's trade bait for an upgrade.

TDotMassive

Jul 13, 2018
6ix
He's been really solid.

I thought he'd be a 5 or 6 at best... maybe he can be a 4... he's basically been that for a while now.

Its great that someone saw something in him... and he's shown he can play well consistently.

He had another solid game tonight. Jumping in and pinching at the right time, good positional play.
There's no if about it anymore... he's not only a #4, he's proving a very good #4 and even a capable #2. He's shut down top line competition very effectively all season. At $2m for the next 3 years, this is an absolutely amazing deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad