Leafs, Raptors, FC up for sale (UPD: reports - OTPP have withdrawn sale offer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
1.3 billion for for 66 percent of the pension funds share............. still would not be controlling interest. What is the total worth? 2.5- 3 billion..... c'mon

Dado

I thinks that's the other way round - selling 100% of their 66% share of MLSE.

Call it $2B in market value for the whole burrito.

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
I was of the understanding that Teachers wanted to keep their stake in the real-estate development, and just sell off their stake in the teams and arenas.

this article doesnt seem to mention that in any way.

edit: also, CBC link in english: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/story/2011/03/12/sp-mlse-sale-report.html

I heard the sportsbar they built next to the ACC makes a million per month in profit. Maybe they'll get into the bar franchise business. They had record viewership for a game on Leafs TV for last Thursday's game, over600,000 viewers.

I guess it's sell high time......

htpwn

Nov 4, 2009
Toronto
If the whole enterprise is worth approx. $2 billion, how much are the Leafs themselves worth? $700-800 million?

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
If the whole enterprise is worth approx. $2 billion, how much are the Leafs themselves worth? $700-800 million?
forbes says $505, so i'd guess $500-$600 million.

but they're making ~80M a year profit, so you'd expect a higher value.

Skarjak

Sep 8, 2010
Toronto
The Habs apparently make around 60M$ a year in profits if you include Avenko, and they were rumoured to have been sold for around 500M$, so I can see how the Leafs would be worth closer to 600M$ or more.

Alternatively

Oct 11, 2009
rogers-logo.gif

anyone?

Killion

Feb 19, 2010
It's about god damn time.

I couldnt agree more, but this (below).......

just heard how much the teachers have made back on their investment so far,,,,,jaw dropping

so why divest themselves of it?. I know its been rumored (Rogers erc) for sometime but really, where else are they going to find that kind of a consistently staggering return?....

obsenssive*

just heard how much the teachers have made back on their investment so far

jaw dropping

the Ontario Teachers Pension Plan is the second largest of its kind in north america (incl. mexico). only the california teachers plan is bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad