Leafs ranked 20th by Hockey's Future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bomber0104

Apr 8, 2007
Burlington
Oh oh my turn.

What if...

We have the next Jagr, and only gave up Tyler Seguin, Aki berg and wade belak?

(you started it by comparing Kessel to Modano so any outlandish claim can now be made ;) )

Its possible but unlikely by all accounts. Dougie Hamilton is the highest rated defensive prospect on the planet right now.

Kessel doesnt cycle and play a puck game like Jagr.

I miss Wade Belak. Reminds me of the days when the Leafs werent an AHL club.

Urban Explorer*

Oh oh my turn.

What if...

(you started it by comparing Kessel to Modano so any outlandish claim can now be made ;) )

That's another possiblity. haha that's all I was trying to say is the jury is out, we can't dismiss things because we don't have a crystal ball.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Oh look. Kessel trade talk.:P

3 years after and the best NHL player in the deal is who?

Still waiting for someone to be better than Kessel.

Are you doubting the greatness that is Douggie Hamilton?

You know, I heard Chuck Norris checks his closet at night for Douggie Hamilton.

Urban Explorer*

Oh oh my turn.

What if...

oh yea btw I compared him to Modano because he's american :sarcasm: I think you need to be a little more realistic with your hypotheticals!

Urban Explorer*

Well there you go I think everyone agrees now! The Kessel trade was definately not the worst trade in Leafs history unless Seguin and/or Hamilton* become Hall of Famers.

Next topic?

Disgruntled Observer*

Another one with reading comprehension concerns.

Reading comprehension concerns?

I simply asked a question. There was nothing for me to comprehend. Just a question.

Do you know what a question is? Do you have reading comprehension concerns?

Again, after being ranked 20th by BOTH the hockey news (whose rankings are based by professional nhl scouts) and HF, do you think the leafs have good prospects?

Urban Explorer*

My problem has been pointed out several times in this thread.

I don't want to reread all the pages again but I think you were on some kind of conspiracy against the leafs (correct me if I'm wrong I have the memory of a goldfish sometimes).

I think there is some weight to be held with the anti-leaf conspiracy. You see it time and time again in rankings, be it most over rated player, worst coach, etc etc. I think bashing the leafs is done because it sells.

However when it comes to a draft ranking with supposed "professionals" (not espn) I give their assessment a little more weight. If they feel we're 20th then they feel we're 20th, I don't think there is an agenda.

One thing I would bring up though is arent these rankings based on a system as a whole (Fs, Ds and Gs)? I mean we don't really have any great forward prospects (other than kadri) or goaltending prospects. We do however have a somewhat abundance of great-elite D prospects.

I think if the leafs prospects formed a team and played a tournament against the other 29 teams prospects we probably would finish somewhere around 20th since our forwards and goalie are weak. That doesnt' mean our prospects don't have more "value" than teams that could ice a better team of prospects.

The Apologist

Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Reading comprehension concerns?

I simply asked a question. There was nothing for me to comprehend. Just a question.

Do you know what a question is? Do you have reading comprehension concerns?

Again, after being ranked 20th by BOTH the hockey news (whose rankings are based by professional nhl scouts) and HF, do you think the leafs have good prospects?

For the record, yes I do.

However, you really do need to read the thread to comprehend his comment. Why ask a question with no relevance to his?

The Apologist

Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
I don't want to reread all the pages again but I think you were on some kind of conspiracy against the leafs (correct me if I'm wrong I have the memory of a goldfish sometimes).

I think there is some weight to be held with the anti-leaf conspiracy. You see it time and time again in rankings, be it most over rated player, worst coach, etc etc. I think bashing the leafs is done because it sells.

However when it comes to a draft ranking with supposed "professionals" (not espn) I give their assessment a little more weight. If they feel we're 20th then they feel we're 20th, I don't think there is an agenda.

One thing I would bring up though is arent these rankings based on a system as a whole (Fs, Ds and Gs)? I mean we don't really have any great forward prospects (other than kadri) or goaltending prospects. We do however have a somewhat abundance of great-elite D prospects.

I think if the leafs prospects formed a team and played a tournament against the other 29 teams prospects we probably would finish somewhere around 20th since our forwards and goalie are weak. That doesnt' mean our prospects don't have more "value" than teams that could ice a better team of prospects.
This is actually the first reply to this that makes any sense. I don't think overall Detroit's prospects are any better than ours (apparently THN agrees) but at least an argument such as yours can be made. Thank you for restoring my faith in HF.

Urban Explorer*

If the rankings were done by what teams has the best few players to build a team around I think the Leafs would finish much higher than 20th.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad