Leafs ranked 20th. by Hockey's Future (Not the Kessel Trade)

theneuf33

@TheDamager
A one-time 30 goal scorer, yes. But in what other season has Kulemin ever resembled that player? Kulemin's career as a whole has been pretty disappointing for a kid with those raw tools.

So has the kid Ferguson took ahead of him in the 1st round for that matter.

As for the others, will any of them be a true impact player? Gardiner already is and Rielly looks to be following in his footsteps soon.

Kulimen is arguably a top 6 player and at worst is a great 3rd liner pretty good for a 2nd round pick IMO

13th overall playing in the nhl tlusty has played pretty well with carolina the last couple of seasons not all first rounders are stars

Disgruntled Observer*

I already told you, the consensus you claimed was represented by THN doesn't exist -- that's the entire point. It's the opinion of a few scouts, not all or even most of them.

You've already admitted yourself scouting lists aren't reliable, so I don't even know what you're arguing about. THN is not reliable, you've admitted it and I've posted links that prove it.

Or do you believe that Gardiner is not 1st round material? I guess you must, since professional scouts from the greatest magazine in all of world history utterly said so.

To get back to the original point, the Leafs did not have anything in the pipeline like Gardiner or Rielly in the Ferguson era. So your contention that they have not improved at all is patently false. That doesn't mean they're amazing as a group, but then it doesn't have to to prove you wrong.

I said that prospect rankings lists are of course flawed. They will of course not be 100% accurate. Just common sense.

But what would be more accurate?
Name (something that acually exists) that is a better benchmark to assess our prospects compared to the rest of the league than a rankings list created by professional nhl scouts. Something that actually exists!

Clearly... there is no answer. A rankings list created by professional nhl scouts, albeit not 100% accurate, is stil THE BEST MEANS AVAILABLE IN THE WORLD to assess our prospects compared to the rest of the league. And the best means available in the world just ranked the leafs 20th. All after 5 bottom 10 finishes... 20th.

Apr 1, 2010
Can you please direct me to that post?

I would love to read it.

I fully expect spin and deflection as your response... something like "I'm not writing it again" or "go look for yourself".
well... I did look for myself. Can't find it.

So please enlighten me...
What is a better means for assessing our prospects than a rankings list created by professional nhl scouts?

Read it? :laugh::laugh:

Pretty sure you quoted it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->