Leafs prospects

leafmon

Nov 13, 2006
In order, who are the Leafs' best prospects?

My order:
Stralman
Pogge
Kulemin
Tlusty
Williams
Earl

Who else am I forgetting?

Forgetting ? No one really and a couple of guys on that list are pretty suspect.
Sad really and to think this years second rounder was given away to win a couple of face-offs that don't seem to mean a whole lot now.

Judas Tavares

S2S (Sundin2Sandin)
Sponsor
Feb 9, 2007
[/B]

Forgetting ? No one really and a couple of guys on that list are pretty suspect.
Sad really and to think this years second rounder was given away to win a couple of face-offs that don't seem to mean a whole lot now.

It was actually next years second rounder. Thats better, meaning we have time to get it back.

Its nice to see the Leafs finally have a great prospect pool.

Stralman
Tlusty
Pogge
Kulemin
Willimas
Earl

Transported Upstater

It was actually next years second rounder. Thats better, meaning we have time to get it back.

Its nice to see the Leafs finally have a great prospect pool.

Stralman
Tlusty
Pogge
Kulemin
Willimas
Earl

Um, we don't.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
i wouldnt call it great. its decent, but not great.

Yeah. Atleast so far it is unproven. It sure has potential to be very good, though.

Now to your question. Based on potential alone, Toronto's top prospect is Anton Stralman. There are so many good things we've heard about him that we're compelled to consider him a blue-chip prospect. But people will be skepticle because he was a 7th round selection. All is well on the Toronto fan, we're trying to develop the same feeling like we did when we had a very exciting prospect in the past .. (Carlo Colaiacovo)

Bullsmith

May 21, 2007
Pogge
Tlusty
Stralman
Kulemin
Williams/Earl

It's an awfully shallow pool. Williams and Earl are dark horse prospects with big upsides but they're far from guaranteed to make an impact in the NHL. Nobody's going to be shocked if neither of them turn into top-six forwards. In fact odds are neither will.

Stralman and Kulemin both went undrafted first time around and way deep the second time, but they have thrived in Europe since, especially in the last year. I'd rate them as very good prospects, potential top liners, but there's got to be a serious question mark about their NHL potential until they've actually played in NA. Also, the way Russians are signing in the RSL these days you can't even know if Kulemin's going to come over. Sad but true.

That leaves Pogge and Tlusty as the only legitimate top tier prospects who are actually being developped by the Leafs. Hopefully Stralman stays after camp and makes it three. Even so, it's a pretty thin prospect list.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
I really like Ruesegger, he had a great first year for Colorado.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
Pogge
Tlusty
Stralman
Kulemin
Williams/Earl

It's an awfully shallow pool. Williams and Earl are dark horse prospects with big upsides but they're far from guaranteed to make an impact in the NHL. Nobody's going to be shocked if neither of them turn into top-six forwards. In fact odds are neither will.

Stralman and Kulemin both went undrafted first time around and way deep the second time, but they have thrived in Europe since, especially in the last year. I'd rate them as very good prospects, potential top liners, but there's got to be a serious question mark about their NHL potential until they've actually played in NA. Also, the way Russians are signing in the RSL these days you can't even know if Kulemin's going to come over. Sad but true.

That leaves Pogge and Tlusty as the only legitimate top tier prospects who are actually being developped by the Leafs. Hopefully Stralman stays after camp and makes it three. Even so, it's a pretty thin prospect list.

I dont quite understand your post. At one instance you say we have a very shallow pool, but then right after you say Earl and Williams have big upsides. You also acknowledge Kulemin and Stralman being very good prospects, but you include Kulemin's situation with Russia and all.

IMO, we should exclude anything concerning the Russia transfer agreement, or the question marks if a player will report to North America when judging team's prospects. If thats the case then you have to have Montreal low on your list too. Their two top prospects in Alexei Emelin and Pavel Valantenko are both playing in Russia, I think.

Wetcoaster

It generally takes about 5 years to see how a prospect shakes out. How about a look at HF's assessments of Leafs propspects from 2002:
1. Mikael Tellqvis G
2. Brad Boyes-C
3. Carlo Colaiacovo-D
4. Petr Svoboda-D
5. Markus Seikola-D
6. Alexei Ponikarovsky-RW
7. Jeff Farkas-LW
8. Karel Pilar-D
9. Luca Cereda-C
10. Tomas Mojzis-D
11. Miguel Delisle-RW
12. Ivan Kolozvary-LW
13. Jaroslav Sklenar-RW
14. Regan Kelly-D
15. Kyle Wellwood-C
16. Nicolas Corbeil-C
17. Sebastien Centomo-G
18. Allan Rourke-D19. Lubos Velebny
20. Christian Chartier-D

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
It generally takes about 5 years to see how a prospect shakes out. How about a look at HF's assessments of Leafs propspects from 2002:
1. Mikael Tellqvis G
2. Brad Boyes-C
3. Carlo Colaiacovo-D
4. Petr Svoboda-D
5. Markus Seikola-D
6. Alexei Ponikarovsky-RW
7. Jeff Farkas-LW
8. Karel Pilar-D
9. Luca Cereda-C
10. Tomas Mojzis-D
11. Miguel Delisle-RW
12. Ivan Kolozvary-LW
13. Jaroslav Sklenar-RW
14. Regan Kelly-D
15. Kyle Wellwood-C
16. Nicolas Corbeil-C
17. Sebastien Centomo-G
18. Allan Rourke-D19. Lubos Velebny
20. Christian Chartier-D

Telly is a decent pick
Boyes was a great pick
Carlo was a solid pick
Poni was an awesome pick
Pilar was a good pick, minus his health
Mozjis was a great pick
Wellwood was an amzing pick

the rest are awful

Letang fan 58

No More Fleury
May 12, 2004
Canada
i wouldnt call it great. its decent, but not great.

It's not even that decent.......whats with all the hype the strallman kid is getting? LOL @ ferguson even bringing up the name lidstrom when talking about him in the media......is that the entire base for this hype?

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
It's not even that decent.......whats with all the hype the strallman kid is getting? LOL @ ferguson even bringing up the name lidstrom when talking about him in the media......is that the entire base for this hype?

he is pretty awesome. lidstrom isnt exactly a player wou want to be compared to, but i think he will become a great nhl d-man. he has had extremely good development since he got drafted.

Redwingsfan

Global Moderator
Jul 15, 2006
Telly is a decent pick
Boyes was a great pick
Carlo was a solid pick
Poni was an awesome pick
Pilar was a good pick, minus his health
Mozjis was a great pick
Wellwood was an amzing pick

the rest are awful

i wouldnt exactly call a guy that has played in the AHL for 4 years, + 13 nhl games and he is headed back to europe next season a great pick :dunno:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad