Leafs prospect Hudson Elynuik Funny Diving Penalty

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Remember watching this guy with Spokane Chiefs and thinking what a draft steal he will be. Superb vision on the ice and wicked shot. Yamamoto was his teammate and in comparison looked somewhat unimaginative.

Guess that's one of many reasons I'm not a scout.

Reactions: DaveG and Beville

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Weird one. Kinda funny.

Not sure it was penalty worthy though. Let play continue.

Dust

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
It kind of looks like he ducks his head when he's coming around the net and the butt end of the other players stick gets him in the face. I'm just not sure what he's doing lowering his head as he skates into that guy though. Puzzling play.

Reactions: DaveG

PAZ

Jul 14, 2011
BC
At first I thought it was a hilarious dive, but re-watching it you can clearly see Samberg slightly adjust his hand/stick towards Elyniuk's face - he definitely got a butt-end to the mouth which is why he was bleeding in the box.

Why Elyniuk was skating in that position with his head down after losing the puck is beyond me though, clearly has some major blinders.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
At first I thought it was a hilarious dive, but re-watching it you can clearly see Samberg slightly adjust his hand/stick towards Elyniuk's face - he definitely got a butt-end to the mouth which is why he was bleeding in the box.

Why Elyniuk was skating in that position with his head down after losing the puck is beyond me though, clearly has some major blinders.
Came to write the same. I think the butt end of the stick got him in the face. I don’t think he even tried to draw a penalty. It just hurt and he fell.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
He is such a consummate diver that he even wills himself to bleed? Some of you are too much.

Reactions: DaveG

Super Hans

Stats Evangelist
Oct 9, 2016
Nuik Nuik Nuik

image-asset.jpeg

Reactions: The Beyonder

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad