Confirmed with Link: Leafs Promote Dave Morrison & Troy Bodie, Hire Wes Clark as Assistant Dir. Of Player Personnel

AppsSyl

May 28, 2015
Well if they were going to hire Clark anyway, this PERFECT timing.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Morrison pushed out of scouting pretty much it seems like.

Quiet the opposite. He's now the guy, with the help of Wes Clark, who takes everything the scouts say, and makes a final recomendation to the GM.

"Player evaluation, sometimes called scouting, is a central part of a director of player personnel's job. He must pull together all the information on a player, including input from team scouts and coaches, recruiting services and other sources, to present to the general manager and head coach"

Director of Player Personnel Job Description

Reactions: pacman25

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
I wonder if the Clark hire will help influence Tavares' decision.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
Quiet the opposite. He's now the guy, with the help of Wes Clark, who takes everything the scouts say, and makes a final recomendation to the GM.

"Player evaluation, sometimes called scouting, is a central part of a director of player personnel's job. He must pull together all the information on a player, including input from team scouts and coaches, recruiting services and other sources, to present to the general manager and head coach"

Director of Player Personnel Job Description

Ahhh yeah that makes sense. I was thinking more in line with development. My bad.

He took over Hunters old old role it seems like.

Reactions: pacman25

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
Nice transition from being a journeyman player. Clearly he's got a good mind for the game otherwise there's no way he would get this high this fast.

A combination of being smart and having good contacts. Lots of smart guys get passed over, but him being related to guys in the old boys club got him a lot further. Good for him.

Amadeus

Stand Witness
Jun 21, 2004
Toronto
I predicted the Wes Clark hire long before Friedman speculated it.

It was pure speculation though.

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
Certainly can't hurt bringing on a guy that Tavares says is like a mentor and great friend to him :laugh:

Oh! it's that Wes Clark. Well then...:sarcasm:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I predicted the Wes Clark hire long before Friedman speculated it.

It was pure speculation though.

Once Dubas became GM, it became more of a foregone conclusion.

Some thought a scouting role, some thought a player development role, and turns out, it's a mixture of both lol

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I like to think part of the Leafs video presentation was it ending with a curtain unveiling Wes Clark holding a #91 Tavares Leafs jersey :laugh:

Reactions: diceman934

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
That seems like a good job to put Morrison in. Clark too. Bodie takes Morrison's job, because I guess he was the best option (he was the one new guy added to that staff so probably is). I wonder how those old guys will like an even younger guy telling them what to do now. Most of them were old regime IIRC.

The thing about Clark is that over anything else, he is an analytical guy. He was not put into any super important job like many people were afraid of doing, but he gets to learn from a smart guy who has earned his way back up to a reputable position.

Only thing now is to wait for some new spots to open up and to find the guys to replace them. The Leafs may need another one or two pro scouts now (at least one since Albelin left, two if they want to replace Bodie as well). They need a couple of Russian scouts. And most importantly, since apparently that is a thing with us, an overall Director of Scouting as well. Lemaire and Caron probably are not going to be directly replaced, but the Leafs always look at bringing in advisors and consultants whenever they can so someone will probably do what they do.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
I like to think part of the Leafs video presentation was it ending with a curtain unveiling Wes Clark holding a #91 Tavares Leafs jersey :laugh:

Hey John we have this awesome music video for you:

giphy.gif

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad