Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Preds Mar 22nd, 8pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Is Babcock actually going to scratch one of our main penalty killers in Leo? Thats pretty bold but I like it.

White Shadow

Jan 7, 2016
I really liked how we limited Tampas shot totals

If we've been guilty of one thing this season it's bleeding shots but if we can hold teams in the mid 20's range I really like our chances against anyone

Mid 20's shot totals plus good Andersen is a strong recipe for a fairly long playoff run imo
Hainsey gave some great insight to the teams psyche.

“I think we play better when we have a fear that the other team can possibly embarrass us, I really believe that. I think that's been the case a lot of the year. It was the same thing when we played these guys the first time at home, a while ago, and they were just flying. We had a really, really good game. We did some things we hadn't been doing consistently.
“We have a level that we get to when we fear the other team a little bit more. I felt we did that. We had a lot of good stuff going. I think there'll be a lot we'll be able to take from the first couple periods that show how we should be playing in a couple weeks here.”

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015

“I think we play better when we have a fear that the other team can possibly embarrass us, I really believe that. I think that's been the case a lot of the year. It was the same thing when we played these guys the first time at home, a while ago, and they were just flying. We had a really, really good game. We did some things we hadn't been doing consistently.
“We have a level that we get to when we fear the other team a little bit more. I felt we did that. We had a lot of good stuff going. I think there'll be a lot we'll be able to take from the first couple periods that show how we should be playing in a couple weeks here.”
that sort of goes with what we've been seeing. Our record and general performance against top teams is noticeably better than against average/bottom teams. It's not perfect, but it definitely bodes well for the playoffs

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
HES BACK! HES BACK! HES BACK!

THANK GOD HES BACK!

#34 IS BACK!!!!

WHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

AUSTON F***ING MATTHEWS IS BACK!

oh and Zaitsev too!

Lets see how much better we look with out #1 GENERATIONAL centre, and top 4 D-man back in the line-up

F*CK yeah boys!

our 4th line is going to be dangerous too, speed, speed, SPEED

Johnsson - Pleky - Kapanen

just need Leo back now for the PK, and Playoffs Baby!

Did i mention... AUSTON MATTHEWS IS BACK????!!!!!!!

member 262271

NHL 2004 is, in my opinion, the best EA NHL game ever made.
It was really good, I played it so much. The 2 player franchise mode was a great time waster. Not sure that mode has been in a game since.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
oddly, I think were going to kill nashville tomorrow. We always seem to have their number.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
2004? Though a lot of this team missed time due to injuries, and Leetch/Francis were deadline pick ups

Roberts - Sundin - Mogilny
Tucker - Francis - Nolan
Ponikarovsky - Nieuwendyk - Antropov
Renberg - Reichel - Domi
Kilger, Fitzgerald, Belak, Stajan

Leetch - McCabe
Kaberle - Johansson
Berg - Marchment
Klee, Berehowsky,

Definitely the most stacked lineup we ever had, although a lot of those guys were on the wrong side of 30 at the time.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Johnsson staying with the team on a line with Plekanec and Kapanen. Leivo draws out with Matthews in.

Carrick out with Zaitsev returning

Carrick was the obvious one to come out of the lineup for Zaitsev but I can't say I'm in love with that decision

The Carrick Dermott partnership has been extremely good since Babcock put them together

Black hat blue eyes

Jul 21, 2015

Not to be a stickler for details... But if your going to quote a paid article at least note were you got the info from. Give the source credit.

From Mirtles article on The Athletic.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
here is hoping Matthews isn't being rushed in.

Also, probably not going to be a popular opinion here but I would have eased Matthews in if he is playing.

Johnsson-Nylander-Hyman
JVR-Matthews-Brown
Marleau-Kadri-Marner
Leivo-Plek-Kapanen

Bozak can rest for a few games. Then you rest Kadri for a few games. Rest Marleau for a "bunch of games"; then rest JVR for few games.

Gives opportunity for other guys to play (Martin, Moore, Leivo) while you can rest few guys in the meanwhile while rotating your centers: Nylander, Kadri, Bozak giving them some break
LW: Marleau, JVR
RW: Marner, Brown

do the same with D; once Zaitsev is ready to go.
and
definitely rest Freddie

Leafs are gonna finish 3rd; there is like 0.01% chance that Leafs might finish 2nd and get home ice; too small to risk. Might as well accept our position and strategize to attain optimal results in playoffs

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
I think if Matthews is playing, he's ready to play to his level.
Nashville is going to have last line change against us so I don't think you'll be able to hide Matthews, unless you reduce his icetime which I wouldn't be a fan of.

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I think if Matthews is playing, he's ready to play to his level.
Nashville is going to have last line change against us so I don't think you'll be able to hide Matthews, unless you reduce his icetime which I wouldn't be a fan of.

Why do you need to hide a franchise #1 C at all?

frog

Apr 8, 2014
Canada
With this lineup it could be really interesting. If Johnson lights it up and is too good to take out of the lineup who comes out for komarov? No way komarov should be a healthy scratch in the playoffs he brings too much and with his experience he is more valuable in the playoffs...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad