• Selena Gomez

Votes: 34 26.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Who's your starter ?

Moneypuck's Goal Above Expected (this year).

1713356129188.png

1713356151565.png

It's near certain that Keefe's safest play is to play Samsonov, and that's what Keefe does.

fancy lad

Nov 22, 2021
You sink or swim with the good ship Samsomov. The way this season has panned out, this just makes the most sense - despite the fact that it's all gone a bit wrong as far as the goalies are concerned.

It's also definitely looking like the goaltending will be their downfall, but i guess anything can happen and maybe it won't be so bad.

Reactions: banks

Kelly

Nov 12, 2012
It's going to be Samsonov, but I have more trust in Woll currently.

Just not sold on Samsonovs mental game, hope he proves me wrong though.

aingefan

Feb 27, 2008
Who knows how to get these stats from when Samsonov came up from his AHL reset to now.
I’ve been looking and wondering about this the past couple of days, more sortable stats
It woulda been nice if one of the top two guys were cooking down this last stretch. Gotta be Sammy; Boston had Woll’s number the past few games - though he was *just* back off injury.
Ps, is *Selena Gomez * an obscure nickname for Matt Murray?

Reactions: banks and ToneDog

banks

Only got 5/16
Aug 29, 2019
I’ve been looking and wondering about this the past couple of days, more sortable stats
It woulda been nice if one of the top two guys were cooking down this last stretch. Gotta be Sammy; Boston had Woll’s number the past few games - though he was *just* back off injury.
Ps, is *Selena Gomez * an obscure nickname for Matt Murray?

Yep. Woll was not sharp against Boston (nor FLA yesterday). No way they throw him in game 1 against them.

It's Samsonov, like it or not.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Woll, much more predictable what you're getting from him game to game.

Far less movement. Personal preference, but I just feel more confident in Woll.
Would normally agree but he's on a bit of a skid. He's tracking the puck at Reimer level.
He's my #2.

Ianturnedbull

Jun 11, 2022
You're going to see both goalies.

It doesn't give me anxiety. It gives me confidence.

Both have proven that they can play well in the playoffs. Samsonov has won a playoff series (you can't say that about Andersen/Campbell), and Woll was very good when called upon.

All these stats on goalies don't mean a lot to me (positive or negative). It's a new season. A goalie can 'rise from the ashes' if they will themselves. That could be Boston's goalies or it could be TOR's.

The first round of the NHL playoffs is dazzling and hard to predict.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad