Prospect Info: Leafs Pick - #95 - Jesper Lindgren - Defense - SWE 5' 11" / 161

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Why does everyone like this kid? Cause he has a cool name? Is he good defensively? Late pick and his numbers are nothing to be excited about.

Reactions: Keon1963

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Why does everyone like this kid? Cause he has a cool name? Is he good defensively? Late pick and his numbers are nothing to be excited about.
.42 points/game in Liga as a 21 year old is very impressive.
Young player who excelled in a good league, had solid underlying numbers, along with nice production.
I think we should be excited.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I was very surprised he was given an ELC, I know he was not very good defensively as an 18/19-year-old, he was considered a very good offensive d' man. I think he must have really fixed his defensive game in the last couple of years.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
.42 points/game in Liga as a 21 year old is very impressive.
Young player who excelled in a good league, had solid underlying numbers, along with nice production.
I think we should be excited.
Cause he's good at hockey.
Scrubs that never even get a whiff of the NHL put up insane numbers in those leagues. Not impressed. I hope he has more to give and shows that in the AHL next season, but a small mid-late round pick with mediocre numbers looking to make the show usually doesn't end up well.

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
Scrubs that never even get a whiff of the NHL put up insane numbers in those leagues. Not impressed. I hope he has more to give and shows that in the AHL next season, but a small mid-late round pick with mediocre numbers looking to make the show usually doesn't end up well.
He's 21 years old. That's a great season for a young player, not mediocre.

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
He's 21 years old. That's a great season for a young player, not mediocre.

Nothing flashy just gets the job done quietly. He will surprise people in the sense you don’t notice him which is a good thing.
How's his footspeed? I'm a huge believer in SPEED SPEED SPEED on the blueline and ability to carry that puck with speed, aka players like Rielly, Dermott, Sandin. It's what makes defencemen successful in today's NHL.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
How's his footspeed? I'm a huge believer in SPEED SPEED SPEED on the blueline and ability to carry that puck with speed, aka players like Rielly, Dermott, Sandin. It's what makes defencemen successful in today's NHL.
He's a great skater.

As Nithoniniel said, it's a strength

I've watched 5 or 6 games of him and I was quietly impressed

He's smart, he moves the puck efficiently out of his own zone and through the neutral zone and he's a very good skater, he's not a train wreck in his own zone against decent competition either

I think he's going to turn some heads

Blueboy

Apr 15, 2019
Skating is very likely his best attribute.

Reactions: Jeypic

Einzakin

Jan 20, 2011

Dude Rasmus Sandis is not even known as a great skater. Just watch him. He's not a bad skater, but his poise and control of the puck is what makes him excel, not his speed.

Lindgren is a great skater with the puck and is known for his first pass abilities. The worry is his stature and defensive game.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph

You aren't impressed by a depth prospect you aren't familiar with playing in a situation you aren't familiar with.

Thanks for sharing I guess.

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Yup. People just make up opinions on prospects because of point totals, even if the point totals are good for the league.

Yup. People just make up opinions on prospects because of point totals, even if the point totals are good for the league.
Or even if the points are good for defensemen. I think people expect any D prospect outside the NHL should score a PPG as if other pro leagues are similar to junior hockey.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
He does have a pretty good offensive skillset, from what I remember, I dunno how he played in Finland, we will get a good look at him next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad