Prospect Info: Leafs Pick - #95 - Jesper Lindgren - Defense - SWE 5' 11" / 161

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
A bump on this one. So he will play in second tier Allsvenskan this season. Think that will be good for him. Allsvenskan seem like a very good development league for young players.

But how did he look at camp?

Mr Hockey*

A bump on this one. So he will play in second tier Allsvenskan this season. Think that will be good for him. Allsvenskan seem like a very good development league for young players.

Most of the talk from camp was about Matthews, Marner. Only two scrimmage games played. I did see Jesper score a nice goal. Would be nice to see him at the WJC 20 this year.

SEER

Sep 21, 2015

From what I saw.., excellent..

RyanOhReally

Jan 21, 2015
Georgetown, ON
I remember a reporter mentioning Jesper saying that he was a standout among the defencemen.

Hopefully we get to see him with a guy like Greenway on the Marlies in a few years.

Xscout*

Feb 9, 2014
Does anyone have a decent comparison for Lindgren? From what I gather he has elite offensive instincts, great skating and puck handling. Needs to work on his n-z and d zone iq. As well as overall strength and conditioning.

Does this run true? Anything to add?

LV*

Free my bro Leivo
Aug 26, 2012
Toronto
Does anyone have a decent comparison for Lindgren? From what I gather he has elite offensive instincts, great skating and puck handling. Needs to work on his n-z and d zone iq. As well as overall strength and conditioning.

Does this run true? Anything to add?

There were comparisons to Erik Karlsson when we drafted him.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Thank god we get 4 years with Euro picks, he's probably going to need at least 3 seasons in Sweden just to physically mature and gain experience on both sides of the puck.

Tons of upside.

MJ65

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
He is another forgotten prospect, love this swift skating "D" with offensive upside

He is going to take couple of years to mature and hope will put up some weight

Mr Hockey*

I read somewhere he should make the WJC U20 this year. We can get a good look at him and Grundström.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I read somewhere he should make the WJC U20 this year. We can get a good look at him and Grundström.

Yep. Love the tournament as it is but it's always nice to see your own.

I went to a bunch of Sweden games last time they were in Canada to see Nylander, looks like Sweden may be the team to keep an eye on again for me since I see there is 2 prospects there for us.

keon

Nov 9, 2002
Visit site

I went to a bunch of Sweden games last time they were in Canada to see Nylander, looks like Sweden may be the team to keep an eye on again for me since I see there is 2 prospects there for us.

Three

Lindberg
Gundstrom
Liljegren

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Ok, thanks for the update.

Seems like an interesting prospect who got elite potential in all the important areas but lacks strength and size. Sounds very much like Stralman as been said.
Hopefully he follows a similar development path and comes over when he is 21-22 (with the difference we dont flip him for a pick to force another deal...) and then breaks through.
But his type should really come over when they are a bit older then that, like Zaitsev who now is 24. Stralman had it rough his first seasons and it was not until he was 25-26 and played for the Rangers, his 3rd team, that he managed to put it all together.

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009

Grundstrom and Lindgren have chance to make Swedish team. Grundstrom played last year, so hard to see him not on the team.

Bracco, Greenway and Woll could be on the USA team.

I believe Latvia will be in the tournament this year, so Dzerkals has a good shot.

I guess Korostolev could be a candidate for the Russian squad if he has a great start to the year.

And....maybe outside chance Marner goes to team Canada depending on where he is playing of course.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
Lind = Lime tree
Gren = Branch
Berg = Mountain
Grund = Cay/Shallow
Strom (Ström) = Stream
Lilja = Lily

Get your Swedish names correct ;)

Johny Drama

Jun 7, 2009
Unless we have another Lindberg on our team I am not aware of, Tobias turns 21 on July 22nd, so he's two years removed from being eligible. He was drafted same year as Gauthier.

He probably meant Lindgren, after all....its his thread.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010

I would think Allsvenskan is a step back considering he played most of last season in the SHL. I guess playing time factors in and he would benefit most from playing 20+ minutes a game rather than 10. MODO also seems like a bad team void of offense, especially from the backend. Hopefully he can be more creative and productive in Allsvenskan.

johnny_rudeboy

Mar 20, 2006
Karlstad
I would think Allsvenskan is a step back considering he played most of last season in the SHL. I guess playing time factors in and he would benefit most from playing 20+ minutes a game rather than 10. MODO also seems like a bad team void of offense, especially from the backend. Hopefully he can be more creative and productive in Allsvenskan.

Yeah, he will def get an increased role this season compared to last one.

Allsvenskan has perhaps a bit higher tempo then the SHL that is a more controlled league. It is a lot more north/south hockey played there and players get away with mistakes more often. Make a mistake in the SHL and the other team will capitalise on it, making a mistake in the Allsvenskan is not as bad since the quality of the opposition is not as skilled as the ones on the SHL. So it is a good league for developing youngsters. OEL and Lindholm is a couple of Swedish D-man who was developed in Allsvenskan.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad