Prospect Info: Leafs Pick - #95 - Jesper Lindgren - Defense - SWE 5' 11" / 161

Jerkini

May 31, 2003
Visit site
Its like when Stralman was the next Lidstrom

Stralman is such a great example of the lack of patience in Toronto by the media and fans and consequently the club itself. If these young guys don't step in and blow everyone's socks off immediately, they are tossed aside for the next shiny toy.

He's no Lidstrom, who is really, but man he's become a real solid player, hasn't he?

leafers

Oct 2, 2006
Stralman is such a great example of the lack of patience in Toronto by the media and fans and consequently the club itself. If these young guys don't step in and blow everyone's socks off immediately, they are tossed aside for the next shiny toy.

He's no Lidstrom, who is really, but man he's become a real solid player, hasn't he?

Fans didn't run him out of town, it was more Burkes lack of patience

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

Stralman had some great flashes when he was up with us, I remember that famous coast to coast goal against Montreal and that massive hip check he threw on Lecavalier. It's really unfortunate that he got lost in the paperwork when the regime change happened, though maybe he wouldn't have blossomed without some apprenticeship years in New York.

Jacquestrapless

Jun 5, 2011
Mississauga
I'm already on board due to interesting adjectives used to describe him:

swashbuckling, gunslinger, cunning, fluid, erik karlsson-like (shut up, that's an adjective).

Also, if I'm not mistaken, he had the 6th highest ppg behind 4 19yr olds and a 20yr old

Last edited:

The Thin White Duke

Aug 11, 2009
Read the posts from that era. A lot of fans, especially the ones that call into talk radio, were not impressed.

Read what Hawks fans used to say about Keith before he broke out, doesn't mean management has to trade the guy.

I get how fan pressure might contribute to moving a big name like Kessel or McCabe, but I can't see how a no-name 7th rounder from Sweden making league minimum would get that amount of hate or attention.

Duke16

Apr 14, 2015
Ontario
Bump

I feel like he is our only 2015 prospect not getting much talk around here. I think this is due to the fact that he isn't getting points even though he's an OFD. You have to remember he is on a good team getting sheltered minutes, thus not getting many chances.

Has anyone seen him to know if he been good - the production aspect. The comparisons he's drawn make him very intriging. Hunter killed this draft!!

67Cup

Sep 16, 2005
Bump

I feel like he is our only 2015 prospect not getting much talk around here. I think this is due to the fact that he isn't getting points even though he's an OFD. You have to remember he is on a good team getting sheltered minutes, thus not getting many chances.

Has anyone seen him to know if he been good - the production aspect. The comparisons he's drawn make him very intriging. Hunter killed this draft!!

I don't know much about Lindgren's progress but he is not on a good team. He plays for Modo which is second last in the Swedish League. Actually,, Modo s a bit like the Leafs, glorious past, shaky present. I see, however, that Lindgren had 4 assists in 3 games for the Modo J20 team.

Ricky Bobby

Aug 31, 2008

In fairness the Flames and Blue Jackets also gave up on him after us.

bigdirty

Mar 11, 2010
The fact that he's playing in the SHL at the age of 18 is a good sign at least.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
I don't know much about Lindgren's progress but he is not on a good team. He plays for Modo which is second last in the Swedish League. Actually,, Modo s a bit like the Leafs, glorious past, shaky present. I see, however, that Lindgren had 4 assists in 3 games for the Modo J20 team.

He seemed very shaky defensively in the couple of 4 nations tourney games I streamed in the summer but that was as an extremely inadequate sample size. If Hunter drafted him then there must be a talent base there that may come out with proper coaching and ice time.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
He seemed very shaky defensively in the couple of 4 nations tourney games I streamed in the summer but that was as an extremely inadequate sample size. If Hunter drafted him then there must be a talent base there that may come out with proper coaching and ice time.

I'm sure Hunter had very little to do with scouting and making the decision to draft Lindgren.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I'm sure Hunter had very little to do with scouting and making the decision to draft Lindgren.

I mean, he had the final say on who the Leafs drafted, but sure.

You seriously think Hunter didn't scout the SHL last season?

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010

It also likely doesn't help that he's 160lbs playing in a men's league. No wonder he's having trouble defending.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I mean, he had the final say on who the Leafs drafted, but sure.

You seriously think Hunter didn't scout the SHL last season?

I think he made a European trip or two, but it's Bergman and Co. who shadow these kids in Europe and pressure management to draft them.

Similarly, do you really think Morrison had a big hand in drafting Andreas Johnson and Viktor Loov?

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I think he made a European trip or two, but it's Bergman and Co. who shadow these kids in Europe and pressure management to draft them.

Similarly, do you really think Morrison had a big hand in drafting Andreas Johnson and Viktor Loov?

I'm not saying Hunter was the guy who found him.

Bergman probably liked what he say, then Morrison probably made a trip or two over, and then Hunter would have. That's generally how it works.

And at the draft table, Hunter would have made the decision to draft him.

You said Hunter had very little to do with the scouting and drafting of Lindgren, which is false.

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
I'm not saying Hunter was the guy who found him.

Bergman probably liked what he say, then Morrison probably made a trip or two over, and then Hunter would have. That's generally how it works.

And at the draft table, Hunter would have made the decision to draft him.

You said Hunter had very little to do with the scouting and drafting of Lindgren, which is false.

Hunter did have very little to do with scouting him. Seeing him once or twice is pretty limited to make such a huge choice to draft a player. If Bergman is adamant on drafting a player i'm sure he has the kind of pull to persuade Hunter. This is the only logical assumption to why Hunter would draft a player he has seen once or twice over a player he's seen ten times in North America.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Hunter did have very little to do with scouting him. Seeing him once or twice is pretty limited to make such a huge choice to draft a player. If Bergman is adamant on drafting a player i'm sure he has the kind of pull to persuade Hunter. This is the only logical assumption to why Hunter would draft a player he has seen once or twice over a player he's seen ten times in North America.

So you know how many times Hunter has seen the player?

Well then, my apologies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad