Prospect Info: Leafs Pick #185 -Nikita Korostelev - RW - Sarnia Sting OHL (RUS) 6' 1" 195

Maplebeasts

I See Demons!!!!!
Oct 26, 2014
Barrie, Ontario
So um Korostelev scored the goal of the year just now...

Up to 6 goals, 3 assists in under 4 games. After a rough year last year it looks like he could be primed for a huge season

I really hope so. I remember him being viewed as a late second round early third round talent in 2015 by scouts. A lot of what he becomes in the future will be owing to how much he can improve his skating.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
I really hope so. I remember him being viewed as a late second round early third round talent in 2015 by scouts. A lot of what he becomes in the future will be owing to how much he can improve his skating.

Yup, I was ecstatic about the pick when it was made. He has so much potential, and I hope he can show what he's capable of this year. I'm going to make a point of getting out to a Sting game at some point this year so I can see him live

Im Old Gregggg

Jun 22, 2010
Kitchener, On
Was at that game tonight... best player on ice for both teams... that goal was absolutely filthy in person. He also scored a beaut in the shootout. Impressive start to the season for him!

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
I know a few Sting fans actually and they raved about us picking him. I can't be bothered to watch the Sting but they know him well and like him a lot.

WilliamInLondon

Mar 24, 2016
how do you pronounce the guy's name? every time i hear it as kah-RAH-stel-ev. but i would have guessed kah-rah-stel-OFF.:dunno:

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
His skating looks improved since last year, not blazing speed but he's skating fast enough now to have my attention as a prospect. Wasn't thrilled with what I had seen up to this point.

That goes for Bracco as well, he looks like he's got a higher gear now.

Barb Underhill is reeeeally good to have for this team of young guys.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
If Nikita keeps up this solid play, you'll have to think Russia will have to take a look at him for the CHL Canada Russia Series and hopefully the World Juniors.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
That 2015 draft class has the potential to be organizational changing. I still don't think there's a single pick taken who I'm disappointed with

BorntoLose

Nov 4, 2014
praying he turns into one of those "diamond in the rough" picks, after that goal and the hat trick im on the hype train

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->