• Jones

Votes: 6 4.7%
  • Selena Gomez

Votes: 34 26.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
How is it easy? NJ tried and couldn't get anything. Put a name out there, who should we have got and why would that team trade them to us? And for what? Our 1st? Cowan?
Saros was available
Markstrom is available
Talbot could of signed
Quick could of signed for peanuts

Just off the top of my head.

Reactions: arso40

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
I have no confidence in the mentally fragile Samsonov. Sadly Woll had not been the same since his injury, not that Keefe has really played him enough to let him get back into form. Is the dreaded chair from my high school gym class available?

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
Samsonov probably has the edge due to experience. The leash seems likely to be short though.

Realistically, Selena Gomez!

TMLife17

Is this approved?
Oct 14, 2021
Saros was available
Markstrom is available
Talbot could of signed
Quick could of signed for peanuts

Just off the top of my head.
When were Saros and Marky available? Nashville has been hot since the new year and Calgary wont trade with us.

Talbot and Quick are revisionist history. No way anyone wanted them. Quick has played like 27 games and you want him to be our starter for playoffs after posting a 3.4gaa and .880sv% last season? It has a lot more to do with the team than the goalie. As it does with our goalies. Our team is not committed to helping them out in the slightest. Would they be show stoppers if we did? Probably not. But they sure wouldn't be this bad on a good defensive team. It's a chicken and egg scenario and they both lack and continue the cycle of sucking.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
This is the part... even more than the defense that scares me.

We beat them on offense no question but they have Pasta who can get you anywhere on the ice.

Our defense is mid and our goaltending is too wishy washy.

If Sammy is Sammy from a month ago we're going to be alright I think. Their goalies are pretty good though.

I think it probably comes down to the goalies.

If Sammy is garbage early on in the 1st game... he's out right away for Woll.

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Sammy had a couple of below average games lately. That Wings game where he gave up 4 goals on less than 20 shots in one period wasn’t good, but it wasn’t all his fault either. There were 2 goals I would say he 100% was at fault. Rielly and Brodie were brutal that game. Woll has looked worse. You have to bet on Samsonov at this time. If Jones had come in and shut the door in that debacle of a game Wednesday I would say he had a chance to go in if Sammy falters early. Murray isn’t pitching shutouts in the AHL either.

I’ll take Sammy’s body of work since he came back as the indicator of what to expect. Our defense has to be better.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Not sure Sammy is responsible for this mess.
But he's 4 goals down vs. Swayman.

1713665646761.png

My ludicrous idea to go with Jones doesnt seem as stupid RN.

Mar 26, 2010
Samsonov is just not good enough.

Swayman > Samsonov

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
If Frederik Andersen was an option ... who would pick him ?

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
Keefe already tried and played that card and lost.

In the last 2 recent regular season games March 4th and 7th one at home, and one on the road, Keefe already tested out Woll vs Swayman and the result the same 4-1 Leaf loss.

View attachment 857263

Woll didn't fair any better than Samsonov did in game #1 with a 5-1 loss.

The Bruins have top 10 goaltending from both their goalies and Leafs sit bottom 10 in the league, and perhaps the weakest of all playoff teams.

"Good teams are built from the goalie out", and you're only as strong as your weakest link and Leafs are going to find it difficult to overcome sub-par goaltending.

The Bruins have won the last 8 straight games against Toronto, so how the Leafs are expected to win 4 of the next 6 games is hard to imagine. o_O

If not Woll or Samsonov ...

JONES !!!

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
Has to be Samsonov.

Not only has he been your best goalie this season, but the backup hasn't been able to stop a beach ball since coming back from injury.

If he struggles tonight and they lose, I think you start to have that conversation heading into game 3 - however, for now, I think the right call is to trust that Sammy can bounce back; he's shown that he can

HamiltonNHL

Jan 4, 2012
Rookie Arturs Silovs was the surprise Vancouver goalie starter for Sunday's Game 4 against the Nashville Predators.

He won.

His team, wait for it, scored goals.

Jones is the "we're losing this series, so f*** it" option.
It’s time !!!

IMG_8275.jpeg
IMG_8274.png

I wish Toronto could have a goalie like Andersen !

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad