TSN Jdog

Apr 25, 2016
Starting to hate the Leafs
:leafs

Jarry

:pens

Timashov

2017 2nd (OTT)

Leafs get a solid goaltender of the future that is currently behind a logjam in Pitsburgh in return for a promising forward prospect with offensive upside and a mid-range 2nd in 2017

thoughts? is value fair? if not, what should be added?

russ4king

Sep 10, 2002
Welland
Visit site
Why do they need Jarry? They have Andersen for the next 5 years. Lots of time to draft and develop his replacement.

Plus I wouldn't trade Timoshev for Jarry straight up let alone adding a pick. Big pass.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The Penguins don't have a logjam in net. They have Fleury, Murray, Jarry and Maguire under NHL contracts and DeSmith under an AHL contract. They won't have a goalie log jam until Gustavsson turns pro, which probably won't be for a couple years. The Pens don't have any reason to move him right now, their goaltending depth below the NHL is already suspect even with Jarry (who also has question marks).

TSN Jdog

Apr 25, 2016
Starting to hate the Leafs
Why do they need Jarry? They have Andersen for the next 5 years. Lots of time to draft and develop his replacement.

Plus I wouldn't trade Timoshev for Jarry straight up let alone adding a pick. Big pass.

I don't see Sparks becoming an NHL backup any time soon. Rather than go out and continually find a stop-gap backups through FA I thought it would be wiser to invest some assets into having someone who can challenge Freddy for the #1 eventually.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
I don't see Sparks becoming an NHL backup any time soon. Rather than go out and continually find a stop-gap backups through FA I thought it would be wiser to invest some assets into having someone who can challenge Freddy for the #1 eventually.

We have Sparks, Bibeau and Kaskisuo. One of them, if not more than one, should be good enough to be a capable NHL backup at some point. Plus we just drafted Joseph Woll as someone with the potential to be a starter.

I'd rather give our three guys a shot, or give someone like Chris Nell a shot, than to waste a bunch of assets on another goalie trade. I don't think the Leafs have won a goalie trade since before we traded Rask for Raycroft.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Why do you keep throwing picks into these weird forward prospect for goalie prospect swaps when you can just keep the pick and target a goalie?

Hoverhand

Barry Trotzky
Dec 6, 2015
Ontario
No we have Andersen as our starter and Woll as our main prospect with Bibeau, Kaskisuo and Sparks down the pipe as well.

We don't need to sacrifice Timashov and a 2nd for much un needed goalie help.

LeafsNation149

Feb 4, 2013
Easy no from the Leafs. You can potentially get a goalie prospect equal to Jarry with a 2nd rounder, and Leafs are adding one of their top 10 prospects?

Halla

Jan 28, 2016
[mod] leafs arent giving up one of their top prospects AND a pick for a future backup.......who hasnt proven anything more than Bibeau.

good grief

Last edited by a moderator:

FlipFlopPavelski

Jun 8, 2016
Bay Area
Id love to see Kessel end up in this deal. I'm sure Pittsburgh would be fine with letting go of him as long as there's some super sweetness in return like Morgan Rielly.

Riptide

Dec 29, 2011
Yukon

Jarry

Timashov

2017 2nd (OTT)

Leafs get a solid goaltender of the future that is currently behind a logjam in Pitsburgh in return for a promising forward prospect with offensive upside and a mid-range 2nd in 2017

Value wise this is pretty good for PIT (but then I'm also high on Timashov). And I'm not sure goalies have that sort of value. Also, something like this doesn't make any sense for PIT until they see where things play out with MAF and Murray with regards to the expansion draft. If somehow both are still here after that draft, then yes this makes sense. However if one of them are gone, it makes less sense.

Brock Radunske

안양종합운동장 빙상장
Aug 8, 2012

Jarry

Timashov

2017 2nd (OTT)

Another Deusy. I'll give this a 3/10
See me after class.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
[mod] leafs arent giving up one of their top prospects AND a pick for a future backup.......who hasnt proven anything more than Bibeau.

good grief
to be perfectly honest and not that I agree with the trade. It's not fair to call jarry a future back up and tymashov a top prospect. Neither has proven anything at this point.

MacerV

Jul 10, 2015

Jarry

Timashov

2017 2nd (OTT)

Jesus christ, what the heck were you thinking when coming up with this trade? horrendous value for the leafs. Tell you what, we'll trade you Bibeau for Sprong

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad