Pre-Game Talk: Leafs @ Oilers - HNIC - 7pm

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Bounce back game after the poor effort in Vancouver.

Edmonton has won 4 straight, that ends tomorrow.

Will Kadri be back for this one?

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
I'm not getting excited for this game. Our Leafs don't appear to care about showing up to play, so, why should I care about watching their lazy asses pretend to play hockey.

Yes, I'm still bitter about that Vancouver game!

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
This game will take a back seat to the CBJ Pitt and Carolina Nash games.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017

Is Sparks starting or are they saving him so you can watch him at home?

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008

I've read that Kadri should be back. Excited to see the lines at practice today. I think they might stick with Nylander on that line and give Kadri a game to get his legs then move him up with Mattthews some time next week.

Nineteen67

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 12, 2017
One of those games where you just hope to get out of it without injury after the Leafs are up 3 or 4 goals.

This will be a really tough game after a week out west. I don’t anticipate a blowout either way.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I've read that Kadri should be back. Excited to see the lines at practice today. I think they might stick with Nylander on that line and give Kadri a game to get his legs then move him up with Mattthews some time next week.
Excellent, thanks. Going to be interesting how things are handled with all the forwards healthy.
Petan will sit for sure, tough to take out Ennis, Moore or Gauthier

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Excellent, thanks. Going to be interesting how things are handled with all the forwards healthy.
Petan will sit for sure, tough to take out Ennis, Moore or Gauthier
We all know Brown or Marleau should sit, but we know they won't. Babcock will make the most illogical choice. Ennis will sit because he only has 5 goals in 8 games played since he's been back.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
So coaches can by sheer will alone make a poor performing player or a perceived under performing player play better, how do they do that exactly, close their eyes, grunt real hard, wish upon a star and poof, player X is now a 50 goal scorer?

So its Babcock's fault Willie showed up out of shape and its Babcock's fault AM has lost a bit of his drive?

Blaming other people is such a losers approach to life. It's up to AM and Willie to play to their full potential. Babcock sure isn't hurting Hyman, Kapanen, Johnnson, Rielly, Tavares, Andersen or Marners career now is he? They all seem to be flourishing under his leadership.
So, if Matthews has lost his mojo because he doesn't like Babcock's coaching, Matthews should be traded then? Same with Nylander?

Get these trades done at the draft Dubas! Our secondary and tertiary players have no problem performing under Babcock, so, these primary stars have to go! :dunno:

Reactions: Kamiccolo

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Just hope for a solid game. The points don't matter since we're not catching the hottest team in hockey in the standings. But if we can have a strong effort that will be nice. Be nice if Kadri is back, but regardless the best players need to show for more of the game.

They are getting a couple days to rest so hopefully they have more of an effort in this one.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
There's still a sizeable number of Oiler fans thinking they still have a shot at the playoffs.

Time to crush their dreams and more importantly get the two points to keep up with Boston.

Given the mess that is the West I can see why, although there is starting to finally be some separation for that final Wild Card spot.

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
So, if Matthews has lost his mojo because he doesn't like Babcock's coaching, Matthews should be traded then? Same with Nylander?

Get these trades done at the draft Dubas! Our secondary and tertiary players have no problem performing under Babcock, so, these primary stars have to go! :dunno:

I agree that if it only took just over 2 seasons for our star to tune out a respected and HOF coach and even after getting paid can't bother to put in the proper effort, ship him out for a Lindros type package. Return a top pairing RD and a top 6 forward with picks and prospects involved.

Keep all our depth, improve the backend, and restock the cupboard.

Reactions: theblackadder

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

Who said he should be traded? Who ever suggested that is a dummy, like really disconnected with reality.

Marner seems to be doing amazing, team seems to be doing amazing, Matthews PPG is pretty good too.

Nylanderthal

Jun 9, 2010
I'm not getting excited for this game. Our Leafs don't appear to care about showing up to play, so, why should I care about watching their lazy asses pretend to play hockey.

Yes, I'm still bitter about that Vancouver game!
Try paying ultra premium prices for tickets to that game and it being your one shot a season of seeing the boys live and that’s what they come out with.
I’ve taken my girl to three games in the Matthews era, twice here in Vancouver and once in Denver last season and it’s been three straight OT losses. Terrible effort Wednesday aside from a handful of guys, hopefully tomorrow is nothing like that.

Reactions: Al14

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Who said he should be traded? Who ever suggested that is a dummy, like really disconnected with reality.

Marner seems to be doing amazing, team seems to be doing amazing, Matthews PPG is pretty good too.
If losing to a bottom feeder like the Canucks, and other similar poor teams, is amazing, Boston better watch out, our Leafs are screwing with their heads by playing possum!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad