Proposal: Leafs/Oilers/Canucks 3-Way Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

ConnorMcMullet

#12 Colby Cave
Jun 10, 2017
:edmonton
Receives: William Nylander, signed 2 year bridge deal (4-5mil?)

:nucks
Receives: EDM 2019 1st (top 5 protected, otherwise becomes 2020 unprotected 1st + 2nd), Andrej Sekera (cap)

:leafs
Receives: Chris Tanev, Kailer Yamamoto, EDM 2019 3rd, Van 2019 3rd

Edit: I know there is already a thread for Nylander trades, but this involves a lot more than just him.

Llamamoto

Nice Bison. Kind Bison. Yep.
Sep 5, 2018
From an Oiler perspective, interesting, but a little bit risky. I would do it if we send Sekera to Vancouver for some cap space.
(And Benning if Jim wants his nephew)

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
It's not the players but the picks, I think they'd want more. Maybe second round picks?

Nylander is a fantastic player but that’s a pretty large haul for Toronto to receive especially when it clears cap space for them (assuming Nylander contract is more than what Tanev is being paid). The issue I would see would only be Tanevs past injury issues and whether or not Toronto would want to assume the risk of how many games Tanev will play. He’s still a good defender and would definitely make their team better. Yamamoto isn’t exactly a throw in either.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
1 - Sekera has NMC
2 - 1st + 2nd + 3rd + Yamamoto for someone that's going to be holding out for a billion dollars on his next contract doesn't sound all that attractive.
3 - The idea of Edmonton trading all of that without picking up a top 4 d-man makes me laugh so hard that 1/2 of the people living in the 460+ apartments in the building I'm living in call 110 (China's version of 911) citing noise complaints and I get deported.

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
If Oilers add Bouchard instead of Yamamoto, then I'd probably do it...would even add a higher Leaf pick to do that.

Last edited:

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Hey OP, that's a pretty well thought out trade. It seems like Vancouver gets good value, and Oilers most certainly do.

I don't think it's completely out to lunch for the Leafs, but I don't think it gets the deal done either. If Tanev didn't have an injury history, there wouldn't be much hesitation, but unfortunately he does.... let's say he goes down for long stretches... then the haul looks like Yam, and two thirds... kind of an ouch. I'd rather have two pieces of high quality, than two thirds and Yam.

Send Vancouver's 3rd to Edmonton, keep Yam, keep your third, send Dobson to Toronto instead. That would be my counter.

Reworked

Receives: William Nylander, Van 2019 3rd, Tor 2019 3rd

Receives: EDM 2019 1st (top 5 protected, otherwise becomes 2020 unprotected 1st + 2nd), Andrej Sekera (cap)

Receives: Chris Tanev, Evan Bouchard

Last edited:

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
If Nylander signs a 2 year bridge at that, Leafs keep him and either try to get him on a cheap long term deal if he doesn't progress or sell high on him once he has proven more for a better return than that.

Yamazaki

Feb 9, 2018
Pass from the leafs although McDavid and nylander together would be lethal until chia ruins it some how.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Hey OP, that's a pretty well thought out trade. It seems like Vancouver gets good value, and Oilers most certainly do.

I don't think it's completely out to lunch for the Leafs, but I don't think it gets the deal done either. If Tanev didn't have an injury history, there wouldn't be much hesitation, but unfortunately he does.... let's say he goes down for long stretches... then the haul looks like Yam, and two thirds... kind of an ouch. I'd rather have two pieces of high quality, than two thirds and Yam.

Send Vancouver's 3rd to Edmonton, keep Yam, keep your third, send Dobson to Toronto instead. That would be my counter.

Reworked

A top pairing RHD when healthy and one blue chip RHD prospect for Nylader. Steal for Toronto.

Reactions: McDaddy and voxel

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB

Reworked

Nope

To everyone out there:
Bouchard is not available. Period

Reactions: Nifty Willy

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I think I would do it just because Nylander is an established first liner where as Yamo still is a bit of a question mark.

Vancouver gets good value and does it.

Toronto might not want to do it because of Tanev's injury history and Yamo being a mystery box as of now.

Reactions: ConnorMcMullet

Critical13

Fear is the mind-killer.
Feb 25, 2017
Sitting at a desk.
I don't think the value is awful, but I also don't think Nylander is traded in a quantity deal unless the main piece is better than Tanev or Yamms. Not bad, though.

Brobust

Sep 29, 2017
I don't really believe in Yamamoto enough to even consider this trade.

jimslob

Dec 9, 2008
Receives: William Nylander, signed 2 year bridge deal (4-5mil?)

Receives: Chris Tanev, Kailer Yamamoto, EDM 2019 3rd, Van 2019 3rd

Edit: I know there is already a thread for Nylander trades, but this involves a lot more than just him.

Why the hell would Vancouver do this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->