News Article: Leafs' Offseason Report Card = B+

ottomaddox

Oct 31, 2017
Toronto
keep on deflecting buddy.

I could list off all the WSH players who play a physical / tough game and you would just go at me because of the cap, their UFA status, whether they are equal value to what the leafs have, and what would that do? Where would that get us in our ongoing disagreement?

I compare TOR to any of the latest cup cup winners. I like some of the leafs' players, but I am not satisfied that we are going to contend. I think we more resemble the 2000-2001 Senators who had a lot of talent (skill), success in the regular season, and then swept by TOR (less talent, but a lot more edge/toughness).

Leafslet

Oct 19, 2011
TO
I could list off all the WSH players who play a physical / tough game and you would just go at me because of the cap, their UFA status, whether they are equal value to what the leafs have, and what would that do? Where would that get us in our ongoing disagreement?

I compare TOR to any of the latest cup cup winners. I like some of the leafs' players, but I am not satisfied that we are going to contend. I think we more resemble the 2000-2001 Senators who had a lot of talent (skill), success in the regular season, and then swept by TOR (less talent, but a lot more edge/toughness).

maybe, but if those two teams existed today, the leafs would lose every time. you can’t play the game the way that team did, you’d be down a man for all 60 minutes of the game.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->