GDT: Leafs@NYRangers 7 PM SN Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

saffronleaf

May 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
Babcock is a f***ing dumbass. How the f*** is that Matthews line ever going to do anything? Literal corpses are more useful than Marleau. And what the hell is Kappy going to do? Race into the zone and take a wrist shot that goes in 1 out of 100 times at best. Such a stupidly constructed line.

Reactions: Tlo1 and Pi

member 262271

One of those games. Haven’t posted much these days, trying to remember to keep the emotion of out of the peaks and valleys. I wouldn’t say tonight is all Sparks fault but he really isn’t a good goalie.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
"Asset management"

Backups spring up all the time on waivers etc, many of them as good as McBackup and nearly all of them better than Sparks. The reason for that is because guys like Sparks usually don't even make it out of camp.

Reactions: hotpaws

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
That's true. The leafs being unable to be competitive for 6 years due to dramatic overpayments isn't as big of a deal as tonight's game where we're down 3-1. Good point.
Theyll be fine. Its guys like you that need to lighten up. The sky isnt falling no matter what you think

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
I can admit he shouldn't have ducked, but how is it automatically all his fault? I'd blame at least two other leafs before him

You are allowed to cheer for the team while also calling out guys giving half efforts. The entire team has been dogging it since December. Either this is a coaching issue or there is something very wrong with this roster

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
One backup has saved 98% of the shots he faced and the other has saved 89%

It’s not even so much he let in 3 goals, if he didn’t drop to his knees before the shooter shoots there is a chance the puck may just hit him.

Such an easy game plan vs sparks. All shots up, every single shot top 3rd of the net

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Ovechkin even with 3rd liner produces, same with Crosby and Kane and Mcdavid. I get that’s to get the best of him but this is like getting nothing and he signed that deal which will likely surround him with 3rd liners most of the time. Kapanen may actually be one of his better line mates these next 5 years. Would he look better with Nylander? Probably. But the ideal situation is to have 3 good lines

Ovechkin plays with Backstrom, McDavid with Draisatl, Kane played with Panarin when they were good.

Ideal doesnt exist in a cap world. Hes sacrificing one great line to create two mediocre ones.

It's clear as day to see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->