crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
I hope they start it like this:

Gunnarsson-Phaneuf
Liles-Komisarek
Ranger-Reilly

Then slide Gards in when he is ready, send Morgan back with a pat on the back. Komisarek has his try-out. But sits for Franson or Holzer if he doesn't step up.

Realistic. I would put your second pairing as the third. It's a short camp, I can see Holzer being up and trading in and out of the lineup with Komisarek on the last pairing though...

Gunnarsson-Phaneuf
Liles-Ranger
Komisarek-Reilly
Holzer

Then

Gunnarsson-Phaneuf
Gardiner-Ranger
Liles-Holzer

Komisarek

Drew311

Makes The Pass
Oct 29, 2010
marlies only have 8 defence, leafs need 4 defence min.
franson will not play for the leafs, he signed for the year in sweden, that was the rule to sign in Sweden.

burke will sign 2 ufa's, who will they be?
burke will not deplete the 1st place marlies, just to play half a season in the nhl.

murry will never see nhl action this year , maybe next year
ranger signed a one way contract.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

P.S. Who in god's name is Murry??

thecatch22

May 17, 2012
Toronto
Reilly is fine in junior. Komisarek in the top 4 almost made me barf.

They need Franson back.

Gunnarsson-Phaneuf
Gardiner-Franson
Liles-Holzer

Komisarek

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
You have no idea what you're talking about.

P.S. Who in god's name is Murry??

sorry ment rielly.
how long have we known burke, we should already know what he is going to do.
ruining the marlies, now that they are in 1st is not 1 of them.
rushing gardiner coming off a concussion, is not what he does.
bringing up RIELLY , is not what burke does.
getting a ufa to fill the defence on a 48 game contract is something he will do.
playoffs is not a must this year. next year is the year the leafs make there moves.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO

They need Franson back.

Gunnarsson-Phaneuf
Gardiner-Franson
Liles-Holzer

Komisarek

franson was not even used last year.
what? if we sign him, should burke pay for him.
not much time to sign him, so franson has the upper hand

dubey

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ 69 in 79 $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Oct 22, 2006
In your head
Yeah upper hand if he doesn't want to play in the NHL

lol
franson will not play for the leafs, he signed for the year in sweden, that was the rule to sign in Sweden.
lol

Leafs For Life*

sorry ment rielly.
how long have we known burke, we should already know what he is going to do.
ruining the marlies, now that they are in 1st is not 1 of them.
rushing gardiner coming off a concussion, is not what he does.
bringing up RIELLY , is not what burke does.
getting a ufa to fill the defence on a 48 game contract is something he will do.
playoffs is not a must this year. next year is the year the leafs make there moves.

How you get murry from Rielly, idek.
Also, are you able to Burke's mind? Did you see any (except for JVR/Schenn) exact trades happening before he did them? Did you know who he was going to sign and let go? That would be 3 no's, thank ya very much.
And to the Bold, Burke said *paraphrasing* that even though he has not kept a recent draftee on his team, but it is all Carlyle's decision and Randy kept Fowler up.

Last edited by a moderator:

thecatch22

May 17, 2012
Toronto

Playing a kid coming off ACL surgery without a full year of junior under his belt makes 0 sense. Do your job and sign Franson who worse case scenario is no worse than his other signing in Komisarek.

Or sign someone else. Or call up Blacker. Or do something other than playing the kid.

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010
No chance

Whoever we replace Schenn with will be an improvement. Not saying Schenn is a terrible player but he had an atrocious season last year.

Healthy Liles will help too.

Perhaps but its a stretch that Holzer or Ranger will be better than Schenn from the get go. I think this is rather unlikely to be honest.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
Playing a kid coming off ACL surgery without a full year of junior under his belt makes 0 sense. Do your job and sign Franson who worse case scenario is no worse than his other signing in Komisarek.

Or sign someone else. Or call up Blacker. Or do something other than playing the kid.

he could not sign franson over the summer.
what is he worth 2-2.5 mil per for 3 years min. ?

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010

I agree, Morgan is nowhere close to the NHL. He needs a year with the Marlies minimum, or he will be a defensive liability. Plus he needs to be stronger on the puck.

onebighockeyfan

May 2, 2010

They need Franson back.

Gunnarsson-Phaneuf
Gardiner-Franson
Liles-Holzer

Komisarek

This is a better. I would replace Holzer with a solid experienced D-man acquired for cheap on the trade market. Holzer can be 7th D.

thecatch22

May 17, 2012
Toronto
he could not sign franson over the summer.
what is he worth 2-2.5 mil per for 3 years min. ?

If Franson is unwilling to come down then:

Phaneuf, Gunnar, Liles, Komisarek (sigh), Holzer, Ranger, Blacker will have to hold it down until Gardiner is ready to go.

Leafs For Life*

I agree, Morgan is nowhere close to the NHL. He needs a year with the Marlies minimum, or he will be a defensive liability. Plus he needs to be stronger on the puck.

You know that he is not able to play on the Marlies this year, right?
And how does not playing in the AHl guarantee he will be a defensive liability in the NHL?
And he is strong on the puck, how much Warriors games have you watched to come to this conclusion?

Crispy Crust

Jul 6, 2007
Toronto
And how does not playing in the AHl guarantee he will be a defensive liability in the NHL?
And he is strong on the puck, how much Warriors games have you watched to come to this conclusion?

It's Morgan's "shape up or ship out" year.

thecatch22

May 17, 2012
Toronto

I don't mind him having a shot at the team next year. I really believe that finishing junior this year is an integral part of his development.

Not everyone is Adrian Peterson, he needs time with players his own age to strengthen weaker parts of his game and increase size/strength to play with men.

No rush with this kid, the Leafs are not poised for anything this year and need to take time with their most talented prospect in a long ass time.

Apr 1, 2010
Perhaps but its a stretch that Holzer or Ranger will be better than Schenn from the get go. I think this is rather unlikely to be honest.

I think Holzer will be way better than Schenn. HE is more mobil, a better passer and more mature. Now I admit Schenn set the bar pretty low as far as mobility and passing went, but Holzer has done all there is to do in the AHL. He needs to see if he can adjust to the NHL. Solid #5 or 6 if he pans out.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
first over all here we come.
no playoffs again.
just made the marlies a mediocre team.
so we went from bad, good , to bad,bad

Phaneuf, Gardiner, Gunnar, Ranger, Liles are all very good NHL defensemen, while Franson/Rielly is a luxury of talent fighting for a 6th spot.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
Phaneuf, Gardiner, Gunnar, Ranger, Liles are all very good NHL defensemen, while Franson/Rielly is a luxury of talent fighting for a 6th spot.

no play offs again this year, wake up the lock out is over.
next year maybe

TheGroceryStick

Jan 19, 2009
Ontario Canada
Realistic. I would put your second pairing as the third. It's a short camp, I can see Holzer being up and trading in and out of the lineup with Komisarek on the last pairing though...

Gunnarsson-Phaneuf
Liles-Ranger
Komisarek-Reilly
Holzer

Then

Gunnarsson-Phaneuf
Gardiner-Ranger
Liles-Holzer

Komisarek

I had Morgan with Komi at first. but thought that PR would be a great guy to usher him in. Komi seems like a decent mentor. But Ranger actually can back up his words with rock solid play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->