Leafs MVP

Mystifo

No more Mr.FightGuy
May 26, 2011
YYT
Phaneuf only because I don't want to know what our D looks like without him. Seriously we CAN'T let this guy walk or were pretty much doomed.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Phaneuf only because I don't want to know what our D looks like without him. Seriously we CAN'T let this guy walk or were pretty much doomed.

The D might look fantastic for one game out of forty eight. These boards would go nuclear for the other 47.

cup67

May 8, 2010
TORONTO
in these next ten games ,we will see the MVP rise to the top.
these are very important games, we are not in yet. playoff type games.
all the teams we face are desparate to make a playoff position.

hockeyfanz*

So who would you guys nominate as the leafs mvp as the season comes to an end? My vote goes to Reimer. Runner up Kadri.

Would have been a good post to include a poll but I like your choices and that is who I would pick in that order.....Reimer/Kadri

hockeyfanz*

Its pretty simple actually

If season ended today we would be playing Boston.

If kadri was out for the first four games we have lupul,kessel,jvr,kulemin,
who could score and make it a series

If dion was out who would you like to play 26-28 minutes a night against lucic,horton
Gunnarsson would get eaten alive by these tough guys, same goes for franson,liles,gardiner,Kotska, the only one tough enough would be fraser and would you want him playing 26-28 minutes a game.

The answer my friends is We cannot think about losing dion!:amazed:

Kessel score against Boston? Since when? I think he has 3 goals in 22 games vs his old team. Kulemin? ahahahahahahahah....If Lupul is healthy then maybe and JVR cannot be counted on IMO...pretty streaky player.

ITM

As Long As It Takes
Jan 26, 2012
Just wanted to bring attention to McClement's disciplined, intelligent play. He's been a revelation this season. I like picks of Lupul,Phaneuf, etc...But there's got to be room in the discussion for the stability he's brought to the club.

I'm surprised a player like this slipped through Detroit's and New Jersey's usually busy nets.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
Would have been a good post to include a poll but I like your choices and that is who I would pick in that order.....Reimer/Kadri

I was kind of lazy because i would of had to put the whole roster and i'm not sure if i can do that. Plus it's really only down to like 4 guys. But if i only put 4 up there everyone would complain.

hockeyfanz*

I was kind of lazy because i would of had to put the whole roster and i'm not sure if i can do that. Plus it's really only down to like 4 guys. But if i only put 4 up there everyone would complain.

Whole roster is definitely not required. A poll that included the likes of Kessel, JVR, Reimer, Kadri, Phaneuf probably would suffice. Lupul? LOL @ those who pick a player who has played in 11 games. Perhaps they should look up what MVP actually means. The team is in the position largely without the services of Lupul the MVP. I dont want to be flamed because I am not dissing Lupul but he simply hasn't been in the lineup enough to warrant any consideration whatsoever.

Im also surprised that the goonheads are not getting any support..:sarcasm:

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
Whole roster is definitely not required. A poll that included the likes of Kessel, JVR, Reimer, Kadri, Phaneuf probably would suffice. Lupul? LOL @ those who pick a player who has played in 11 games. Perhaps they should look up what MVP actually means. The team is in the position largely without the services of Lupul the MVP. I dont want to be flamed because I am not dissing Lupul but he simply hasn't been in the lineup enough to warrant any consideration whatsoever.

Im also surprised that the goonheads are not getting any support..:sarcasm:

I'm guessing kessel is MVP now

jughead42*

Another big game, Reimer comes up huge and the runaway MVP choice by most on here, Nazem Kadri, with another no show. 12 players with more shifts tonight than Kadri, yeah's that's our MVP alright. Why can't we just accept he's having a breakout season, why do we have to hype the living crap out of him and make him out to be something he's not yet. When Kadri's logging 20 minutes a game, showing up every night and playing against the other teams best and still producing, then we can include him in this discussion. Really, I can't believe Reimer isn't the runaway choice. It's puzzling, but not really when you consider how unstoppable the hype train is in Leaf Nation when it chooses a new savior.

ECanuck

Jan 7, 2010
Hamilton
Another big game, Reimer comes up huge and the runaway MVP choice by most on here, Nazem Kadri, with another no show. 12 players with more shifts tonight than Kadri, yeah's that's our MVP alright. Why can't we just accept he's having a breakout season, why do we have to hype the living crap out of him and make him out to be something he's not yet. When Kadri's logging 20 minutes a game, showing up every night and playing against the other teams best and still producing, then we can include him in this discussion. Really, I can't believe Reimer isn't the runaway choice. It's puzzling, but not really when you consider how unstoppable the hype train is in Leaf Nation when it chooses a new savior.

You were so happy when Wilson was around. Kadri riding the bus with the marlies. Very secure that Kadri could not score more than one goal in one game at the NHL level. :)

SpeakerForTheDead

Aug 2, 2005
Brampton/Chicago
Just wanted to bring attention to McClement's disciplined, intelligent play. He's been a revelation this season. I like picks of Lupul,Phaneuf, etc...But there's got to be room in the discussion for the stability he's brought to the club.

I'm surprised a player like this slipped through Detroit's and New Jersey's usually busy nets.
He's a Kingston boy who took a paycut to come play for the Leafs.

jughead42*

You were so happy when Wilson was around. Kadri riding the bus with the marlies. Very secure that Kadri could not score more than one goal in one game at the NHL level. :)

I'm not ripping on Kadri, he's been great. Nobody truly expected this from him, which is why he's getting a lot of MVP votes in this thread. You can't whiz too much on a guy who's been one of our better forwards. I just take issue with all the claims of his MVP status. It's a bit too much for this Kadri fan to agree with given what Reimer is doing for the club. :nod:

LeafOfBread

Feb 25, 2010
Mississauga, ON

Wtf is your problem man? I thought you said you would stop unnecessarily hating on him after that game against Ottawa.

Some things will never change I guess.

Oh and please tell me how Reimer has been perfect in every single game he's played this year.

caramelontop

Feb 12, 2013
Thunder Bay
1. KADRI MVP no contest there. Kid is among the top 6 in NHL for god sakes but not good enough on his own team? whatever.

2. PHANEUF I believe has come along way since being tagged most overrated. He seems a lot more professional and finally appearing to be a leader and leading by example. I will admit he has earned respect from me this season which wasn't there last season.

3.a McClement. PK leader.

3.b Reimer. I see why everyone has Reimer number one but I think its the D that is making him look a lot better. But definitely BIG part of leafs success if not THEEE MANNN.

Great team and can beat Boston with this roster if Kessel can get his nude pics back from Boston. Feels like they blackmail him if he scores a goal. Lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad