Leafs MVP

Longshot

Jul 2, 2008
Ontario, Canada
Dion Phaneuf. I think he's having his best season in Toronto.

Playing a lot of minutes. Putting up goals and points. Playing physical. Reimer was hurt for a bit and they survived with Scrivens. If Kadri was hurt there might be enough depth to get by. If Phaneuf was hurt I would shudder.

Ash35

Jan 29, 2010
Easily Kadri. Reimer has been good but last night was really one of the few game that you could actually say he's been great. The team overall has done a great job this year on the pk and keeping the shots to the outside.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Reimer.

To put up the numbers he has under the ludicrous goalie speculation hes been put through is incredible.

We've watched this town chew up and spit out promising young goalies over the past decade, and NONE of them have been put through the pressure Reimer has.

Runner up Kadri,

SpeakerForTheDead

Aug 2, 2005
Brampton/Chicago
1. Phaneuf
2. Reimer
3. Kadri
4. Kessel
5. McClement

I'd hate to see where this team would be without the minutes that Phaneuf puts up.

Lupul hasn't played nearly enough games to be factored into this discussion. Kessel has been putting up points all season and is the only reason his line faces the best defensive players of the opposing team. Not sure why he has been ignored by most fans.

Last edited:

Leafs For Life*

Top 5 in no order is : Kadri, Phaneuf, Lupul, Riemer, McClement.

Penalty Kill Icing*

Reimer.

He has been the most scrutinized Leaf player, and Leaf management did him no good by publicly yelling about how much they want another goaltender.

This is exactly why this is a tough hockey market to play in. Media can be rough, fans can be rough; and with all the pressure in the world, Reimer has delivered.

No other Leaf had such pressure coming into this season.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Lupul would probably be MVP easily had he played all season.

Reimer is a candidate, but in actuality, he's hasn't been much better than solid.

Kadri takes it pretty easily I think. He's been a major contributor in so many of our wins and has won us several of them single-handedly.

BayStBullies

Burn the Boats!
Apr 1, 2012
@BayStBullies
Phaneuf and Reimer at the top of the list. They have had an impact on every single game and used in the most key situations. It's not even a close race.

Lupul and Kadri are next on the list; who have been very consistent.

The Kessel, Fraser, and Franson. Kessel continues to put up points; Fraser and Franson have been steady.

You also have McClement, Kulemin, Komarov; who have really shored up the PK and forward defensive contribution.

I would be fine with any of those; but the real gem has been Carlyle.

darrylsittler27

Oct 21, 2002
Kadri has done more...

No other Leaf,except Kadri. If Reimer had played more,but Kadri got his baptism of fire as well.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
McClement, I'd hate to think what the PK would look without him, its success has been a huge part of why the team is winning.

Kadri and Phaneuf a close second though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->