Sportsnet: Leafs - Martin & Soshnikov available, per Johnston

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Yep. All that matters is the scoresheet. That's why teams like Edmonton are so smart for completely relying on young scoring talent to carry a team. Worked with Hall, Eberle, and RNH. Now it's working again with McDavid and Draisaitl.

...oh wait.
What kind of personal anecdote are you trying to plug here? Shape up.

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
Not crying, i actually answered you in the 1st post....the game has evolved past Martin's skillset. Our team is built on speed, Martin isn't a need anymore.

the entire game of hockey evolved to pass up a single leafs defensemen in 2 months?

LEAFMAN10

Nov 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Martin they will need come playoff time. Playoff hockey is way different than regular season hockey. I would keep him around. They will keep him around just for that reason. Sosh can be moved although he won't get more than a 7th. Better than nothing.

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
Martin they will need come playoff time. Playoff hockey is way different than regular season hockey. I would keep him around. They will keep him around just for that reason. Sosh can be moved although he won't get more than a 7th. Better than nothing.

Martin averaged less than 10 minutes game in the series vs Washington last year. That series went to OT 5 out of the 6 games including a double OT. He isn't needed come playoff team. Leo can, and does do, exactly what you'd want Martin to do.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Soshnikov seems like the sort of piece you move as a "roster filler" piece when making a deadline deal. Pick/Prospect + Soshnikov to play some minutes somewhere on the off chance he finally catches on in the NHL. Not a piece anyone trades for, but part of a trade for someone better, but older.

Martin seems like the sort of piece you move just to get rid of his contract. If you can...

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Soshnikov seems like the sort of piece you move as a "roster filler" piece when making a deadline deal. Pick/Prospect + Soshnikov to play some minutes somewhere on the off chance he finally catches on in the NHL. Not a piece anyone trades for, but part of a trade for someone better, but older.

Martin seems like the sort of piece you move just to get rid of his contract. If you can...

Agreed on Soshnikov

Martin has value if you want to get to the cap floor. Arizona could be a landing spot in the off-season on July 1st after the Leafs paid the signing bonus. 750k salary for that season and then only 1.75M for his last year of the deal. The value is pretty low though, basically a 5th-7th type of return. I appreciate what Martin brings but it doesn't fit the team that well.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
the entire game of hockey evolved to pass up a single leafs defensemen in 2 months?
Wait....your bashing me.....and you think Matt Martin is a defenseman??? Well if that doesn't prove your intentions here.....BWAHAHA!!

Tell you what, before you try to shoot someone down, do a little f***in' research.

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
Wait....your bashing me.....and you think Matt Martin is a defenseman??? Well if that doesn't prove your intentions here.....BWAHAHA!!

Tell you what, before you try to shoot someone down, do a little ****in' research.

I'm talking about soshnikov......

Who the hell cares what they do weith Martin. I guess you can't follow a conversation past like 4 posts. Have a good one bro. You need to learn to relax

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
.... Soshnikov is not a defenseman either...
Whoops.

Ok whatever I honestly don't care about the leafs players. I just know that Babcock said soshnikov was going to be a leaf for a long time then he played 3 games ijn 3 months and is talked about being traded. I tried to ask a simple question and was ridiculed by some leafs fan. It's all good though. Like o said, I was just curious

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
Ok whatever I honestly don't care about the leafs players. I just know that Babcock said soshnikov was going to be a leaf for a long time then he played 3 games ijn 3 months and is talked about being traded. I tried to ask a simple question and was ridiculed by some leafs fan. It's all good though. Like o said, I was just curious
If you don't care about leafs players, why ask questions about them?

Bolded: when did babcock say that?

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
To BOS: Matt Martin

To TOR: Matt Beleskey + 3rd

This was proposed on the Bruins board. I said it makes zero sense for TOR because they're getting a worse player on a worse contract.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I'm talking about soshnikov......

Who the hell cares what they do weith Martin. I guess you can't follow a conversation past like 4 posts. Have a good one bro. You need to learn to relax
Bullshit. You bolded part of my post which was "the game has evolved past Martin's skillset" you then posted:

Stop talking out of your ass....

Advanced stats

May 26, 2010
In November. Sorry I'll stop talkijg. I thought this was the main board but I guess you have to be a leafs expert to post here.
Thank you. No not an expert, but at least know the position of the player you're talking about...and don't change players and act all confused.

stepdad gaary

Dec 5, 2011
Thank you. No not an expert, but at least know the position of the player you're talking about...and don't change players and act all confused.

She the thing is, I wasn't "talking about" any player. I was asking if he was that bad in the 3 games he played after Babcock said he would be leaf for a long time to warrant trading.

That's a question. In no way am I claiming to know anything .

I was asking because if he had a terrible 3 games then maybe he's salvageable somewhere else. I'm so sorry for that though. From the deepest part of my heart I apologize for asking a question about a leaf player. Honestly it won't happen again.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
Maybe we can do a "two for one deal" like they do in retail stores? LOL. Agree with those that have stated that neither are worth much. Martin's salary is no bargain for what he brings in today's NHL. Sosh is a fringe NHLer and teams tend to have those in their system's already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad