Sportsnet: Leafs - Martin & Soshnikov available, per Johnston

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
The structure of the Matt Martin contract makes it seem likely he ends up back on a team like NYI this summer. Base salary is only $750K the next two seasons, with that 1.5M bonus out of the way July 1st some team would take him on for sure

Reactions: Ricky Bobby

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
WIth the possibility of komarov, JVR and Bozak leaving in the off season I’d keep Martin. Still need to have veterans on the team and not just young guys. Seems like the young guys have really taken a liking to him.
Nah. The vets are a non factor on this team, don’t kid yourself.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
So replace our only tough forward who sticks up for his teammates ?
Lmao, ive seen our players get just as many cross checks and elbows with or without him. These old hyperboles need to die,

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Watch the games. Hell, rewatch yesterdays game, 5-0, zero from the vets. All those players you mentioned will be gone.
I didn’t realize you have to score a goal to be an affective veteran in the dressing room. On the ice and off the ice. What was I thinking.

Reactions: iSophagus

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
I didn’t realize you have to score a goal to be an affective veteran in the dressing room. On the ice and off the ice. What was I thinking.
Really dude? Grow up. You are using all these silly defence mechanisms now that you got called out. You got it 100% wrong, hainsey, mo, andsersen and marleau do the talking. Jvr bozo martin Komarov will all be gone.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
That's fine and dandy. But we are talking about a trade here. You really think a team is going to trade for Martin and send him to the minors? He's a 2.5M cap hit. This is all that matters. Either Leafs are retaining some salary or they will have to give something to a rival GM to sweeten the pot here for a GM to absorb that contract for a 4th line player that may or may not play.
No....he said instead of losing in a trade (paying to move Martin as you suggested) it would be more beneficial to send Martin down and only have to deal with his 1.5 in cap after the send down.

shortfuze

Apr 23, 2007
toronto
Really dude? Grow up. You are using all these silly defence mechanisms now that you got called out. You got it 100% wrong, hainsey, mo, andsersen and marleau do the talking. Jvr bozo martin Komarov will all be gone.
You’re the one that brought up the fact that Toronto scored 5 goals and as you said “zero from the vets” and I wasn’t being defensive at all. Just pointing out that there is a little more to the game besides just scoring goals.

Reactions: iSophagus

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
You’re the one that brought up the fact that Toronto scored 5 goals and as you said “zero from the vets” and I wasn’t being defensive at all. Just pointing out that there is a little more to the game besides just scoring goals.
Not in deciding who wins.

pheasant

Nov 2, 2010
Not in deciding who wins.

Yep. All that matters is the scoresheet. That's why teams like Edmonton are so smart for completely relying on young scoring talent to carry a team. Worked with Hall, Eberle, and RNH. Now it's working again with McDavid and Draisaitl.

...oh wait.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
If they’re moving Martin it’s mostly to free up a roster spot, they probably let him go for late round pick.

They’ll probably want but more value for Sosh since there’s no pressing need to trade him

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
jfc im asking is he's been that bad in those 3 games to warrant trading. im not insulting the leafs you can stop crying
Not crying, i actually answered you in the 1st post....the game has evolved past Martin's skillset. Our team is built on speed, Martin isn't a need anymore.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Death, Taxes, and the Winter Soldier finding his way into a Leaf thread to take pot shots.

Some things never change.
It is amusing that he has made the Leafs the focus of his life. They say love and hate are very close emotions. He is really just a Leaf fan in denial. Like those little boys in school who pulls a girls hair because they do not know how to express their real feelings.

Reactions: Brock Radunske

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad