Leafs Magic Number

striker3

Mar 26, 2019
Winning the division is more about a confidence thing than getting home ice IMO
For the most part I would agree with that division wise (Maybe a slight advantage to a normal routine in your own city). I think winning games now is more about the off chance home ice matters for a Canadian team if they make it the the semi’s.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Montreal might pass Winnipeg and we get the Jets first round. Montreal is playing so motivated so they can avoid us :)

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Winning the division is more about a confidence thing than getting home ice IMO

Yep, we've held first place in the division for 100 days now, losing it in the final days of the season would be a moral breaker. Doesn't mean the Leafs would be doomed but it would certainly be a let down and would require this team (who has been accused of being mentally fragile) to fix themselves and deal with outside drama before the playoffs even begin.

At any rate, Edmonton has 7 games left, 5 of which are against the limping Canucks. If they win out they'd finish the season with 76 points. Leafs who are sitting at 71 points right now need to win at least 3 of their last 5 to ensure the regular season Division title. Sounds like sweeping the Habs next week would be just what the doctor ordered, keep them in 4th and ensure we're in 1st.

Last edited:

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
For the most part I would agree with that division wise (Maybe a slight advantage to a normal routine in your own city). I think winning games now is more about the off chance home ice matters for a Canadian team if they make it the the semi’s.
I think last change, getting the matchups you want is still pretty important so let's keeping racking up the wins.

Reactions: striker3

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad