Leafs Magic Number

harvestglen

Oct 29, 2013
Now they can clinch tonight with a regulation win or an OT win + Edm/Wpg ending in regulation.

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Our Magic number will be 16 soon
Our magic number is the to clear the table and move up as far as possible for last change now. Curious to see how engaged they look throughout these last games. Hopefully much more than Nylander looked last night. He light a fire under me when he floats. Maurice benched scheif when we played the jets for the same stuff he does regularly.
Third period after Keefe talked to him he was at least back pressuring the puck. We can’t have that anymore. He does it again i think he gets benched

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
Our magic number is the to clear the table and move up as far as possible for last change now. Curious to see how engaged they look throughout these last games. Hopefully much more than Nylander looked last night. He light a fire under me when he floats. Maurice benched scheif when we played the jets for the same stuff he does regularly.
Third period after Keefe talked to him he was at least back pressuring the puck. We can’t have that anymore. He does it again i think he gets benched
Ha ha that’s so funny
I wasn’t even thinking about Mitch , tooo funny , good one , I was thinking 16 wins to win the cup
Both work ! ;)

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Ha ha that’s so funny
I wasn’t even thinking about Mitch , tooo funny , good one , I was thinking 16 wins to win the cup
Both work ! ;)
Marner wears that number because thats how old he looks you know. Thats why willy wears 88. It relates to his defensive work age relation :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Teeder Keon

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
He has these type of games .. i think he will start on line 2 in playoffs but no guarantee even for him that he stays in lineup if he decides to float game 1 .. we could easily put Gally in for him

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
He has these type of games .. i think he will start on line 2 in playoffs but no guarantee even for him that he stays in lineup if he decides to float game 1 .. we could easily put Gally in for him
That’s the right way to do it. Don’t even bother with it until regular season is over. Keefe spoke to him again last night. We are playing Montreal man. He’s not up for that i call him out. Every once in a while floating is one thing,giving up on a back check is another. In fairness it looked like things were fairly sound defensively looking on the play. He can not assume that and not back check.

Reactions: JT AM da real deal

Wafflewhipper

Jan 18, 2014
Oilers lost to Flames. Yippie kai eh. 9 points behind with the 2 fewer games played. Most importantly we are back in the top 4 in the League. Can’t likely catch Vegas but 2 nd overall in the League is up for grabs.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Montreal doing us a solid and handing the Jets their 6th straight turd.
Jets can only catch us by winning out and us losing out. Any point at all by us against the Nucks and we cement at least 2nd. That being said we owe the Nucks another beating.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Montreal doing us a solid and handing the Jets their 6th straight turd.
Jets can only catch us by winning out and us losing out. Any point at all by us against the Nucks and we cement at least 2nd. That being said we owe the Nucks another beating.
We would also have the tie break (as long as wins are tied too) so it looks like 2nd is all but clinched.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
I don’t really see any reason to believe that the 4-6 Habs are on some monumental path to surpass the 3-7 Jets.

I’d honestly prefer to play the Habs. But I don’t think it will matter much.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad