Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose to Rangers 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThewThew

Oct 14, 2017
I get why people are angry at Matthews, myself included because we know how good he can be. It’s frustrating .... for a guy his size his effort is disappointing

sessiroth

Jan 21, 2010
Toronto Ont.
Remember this team got blown out game 1 and 2 of the playoffs last year before they realised they needed to give a f***? I feel they need the same lesson hopefully before the playoffs begin

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Missed the game sadly, can someone not insane (On either side of the bias) give me a legitimate rundown?

Tried everything they could in the first, had 22 shots. They got no legs afterwards, most of the shots came from the outside and the goalie saw every single shot.

Typical back to back loss on the road except for the shots total.

Diatomic

Mitch Matthewlander
Mar 12, 2013
Air Canada Centre
Matthews no show again. Before that ridiculous contract I was fine with him floating and being invisible.. Not anymore. Your the 2nd highest paid player in the league starting next year. If you think your Mcdavid or worth 14mil for 8 years start playing like it...

yubbers

Grown Menzez
May 1, 2013
After streaks like that its amazing how down and out this board gets after an L. Yeah boohoo nylander wasnt with Matthews but we put up almost 60 shots. Their goalie was on fire tonight.
It is what it is
i'd be curious to see shot location. To me it looked like a ton of low % locations. But the goalie indeed played well

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
It doesn't start until next season ...he had like 10 chances tonight not bad for 900 k ELC

People don't get it.

He is not:

Backchecking (he always did this healthy)
No acceleration
No handles
Not shooting it the same

He does not look like the same player, barely 60% of what he was, and for sure he must be hurt.

I honestly don't know how people are not SUPER alarmed, this is almost 12m of our cap.

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Sparks terrible.

Kadri needs to get off 1st PP (any of Kapanen, Johnsson or Nylander would've scored today on the PP)

Matthews needs to WAKE the F UP. 7th best forward right now.

Leafs first PP is so predictable everyone knows Marner is never gonna shoot and rielly hardly shoots so they cover all teh shooters in matthews and kadri

Also another thing I hate is that they have players playing on their strong side on PP that negates any one timers

personally I would like to see:

Leftwall-NetFront-RightWall-2nd man in the slot/Left Point-Right Point

1st PP

Marner-Tavares-Matthews
Rielly Muzzin (need point shot thread)

2nd PP
Nylander-Marleau-Kadri-Johnsson-Gardiner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad