Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose to Rangers 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarterD

Dec 20, 2018
Missed the game sadly, can someone not insane (On either side of the bias) give me a legitimate rundown?

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Rangers goalie played well so gotta give him his credit. It's too bad Matthews can't really carry his own line like we need him to and make the players around him better. Kinda makes me believe Bracco might be up playing on his wing next season.

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Sparks was Sparks, but people complaining about him were expecting what from the backup goalie? A 1-0 shutout on the road?

Toronto has got to score goals. Tavares and Marner can't carry the load every single night. Matthews and Kadri gotta find a way to get going. Matthews is due for a hatty or a 4 point night, but he's gotta show up first to get it.

Thought the effort was better than last night and got a worse result. Go figure.

Last edited:
Reactions: illusory

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
2 goals on the first 5 shots and then drops an infield fly, are we not done with him yet? lol

Reactions: dsred

ShooterMikgaven

Sep 1, 2009
Sarnia, ON
All this elite talent and still a barely above average playoff team. Would it kill babsocks to stack the top 2 lines when trying to come back late in games??

Reactions: ToMaLe

kb

Aug 28, 2009
These type of losses may be the easiest ones to swallow

1) 2nd half of a back-to-back
2) on the road
3) we weren't really outplayed
4) refs didn't dictate the outcome of the game

I do think our shot count was a little deceiving. Most of them were low socring chances... NY did a good job of clogging up the center of the ice...
Voice of reason - correct. But the hot takes are entertaining as hell too.

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
Very concerned about matthews. Been utter trash trash for awhile

Gardiner is a f***ing joke. Doesn’t give a shit. f*** him

Sparks is an absolute pile of shit. Gotta go

Horrendous loss. Played well tho minus a few losers

mikeyz

Dec 3, 2013
we need a more viable backup goalie option.

If the plan is to rest Freddie down the stretch for the playoffs and Babs throws Sparks out there, we’re not going to get home ice in the 1st round.

It’s almost a lock at this point,

Sparks might be an NHL at some point in his career. But ATM he is nowhere near one. And I will debate anybody on this subject.

Leaf4Life

Feb 8, 2010
Missed the game sadly, can someone not insane (On either side of the bias) give me a legitimate rundown?

Powerplay can't score.

We had a ton of shots but no finish.

Sparks was garbage as usual.

Matthews play has fallen off a cliff.

Reactions: ToneDog

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
Great job by us and almost 60 shots on goal! :biglaugh:

Matthews was not good enough 5 on 5 etc. Period.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Rangers goalie played well so gotta give him his credit. It's too bad Matthews can't really carry his own line like we need him to and make the players around him better. Kinda makes me believe Bracco might be up playing on his wing next season.

Thing is, he can. I would not be surprised if he needs back or shoulder surgery.

Reactions: kb

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
Sparks was Sparks, but people complaining about him were expecting what from the backup goalie? A 1-0 shutout on the road?

Toronto has got to score goals. Tavares and Marner can't carry the load every single night. Matthews and Kadri gotta find a way to get going. Matthews is doo for a hatty or a 4 point night, but he's gotta show up first to get it.

Thought the effort was better than last night and got a worse result. Go figure.

The other back-up goalie ain't too bad, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->