Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose to Rangers 4-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Not My Tempo

Feb 22, 2015
Toronto
Man, it's pretty impressive that Matthews is almost on a 100 point pace despite having played like crap for 70% of the season, just floating around scared of contact while not making players around him better. You'd almost think that perhaps some of those things can't be true.

This is like the Nylander situation where people are just looking for reasons to be pissed. At least with Willy, you understood the reason for it.
Among players with more than 500 mins played this season, Matthews leads the league in even strength P/60. Just think about where he’s be if he wasn’t so afraid of contact.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
Sparks let's in a shitty third period goal #3, everyone shits in him.

Andersen let's in a shitty third period goal #3, no one says shit.

Who makes 5 million and who makes less than a million?

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
Sparks let's in a ****ty third period goal #3, everyone ****s in him.

Andersen let's in a ****ty third period goal #3, no one says ****.

Who's our elite goaltender and who's not?

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Sparks let's in a ****ty third period goal #3, everyone ****s in him.

Andersen let's in a ****ty third period goal #3, no one says ****.

People **** on Andersen all the time what are you missing in this board? He has 1 bad game and guys ******** "Oh look its Octobersen in net. Dont give me that garbage.

Reactions: The Cobra

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
Sparks was in net so we had a 10% chance of winning. I have ZERO faith in this guy. I know Gregoriev was hot and stole the game but Sparks didn’t help out with the 2nd and 3rd goals. 1st one I don’t blame him for.

Reactions: Beaninfritz

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
OMG, the sky is falling, we are near or top 5 in most team categories. OMG the shame, to think we actually lost a game this year... FIRE EVERYONE!!!!!!!!! What possible over reaction will ... we have today?

OOOh horrible decisions 4 wins and 1 loss in the last 5....ohhhh... horrible....

OOOh our PP sucks, the PP that has among the least opportunities in the league but yet we are the best scoring team 5 on 5... Ohhhhh the horror... for 6 minutes a game (our average PP time per game) we are ineffective but for the other 54 we are the best goal scoring team in the league.... ohhh the horror..... how can we ever recover from those 6 minutes.... ohhhh me..... oh myyyyyyy....

Then there is tripe, tripe, more tripe and them more tripe in your previous post... I think I covered all the over reaction for today?

You've touched me so much with your overreaction, I dedicate this song to you... keep a stiff upper lip slugger

You have no argument, that's why you resort to hyperbole and exaggerations.

Look I get it, you're satisfied with a good team from the early 00s, I want to win a cup.

Good for you for being so spineless you don't want to call out mediocrity, it's a great character trait, write me more paragraphs telling me how stagnation combined with a coach who has historically underperformed everywhere he has gone is a good thing, I look forward to reading more garbage from you not addressing anything, that is the sign of a true Babcock supporter.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Sparks was in net so we had a 10% chance of winning. I have ZERO faith in this guy. I know Gregoriev was hot and stole the game but Sparks didn’t help out with the 2nd and 3rd goals. 1st one I don’t blame him for.
why do the Leafs win more than 10% of their games with Sparks?

Beaninfritz

Aug 27, 2009
^^^^
THIS

I just can't understand why Sparks has this urge to to a semi-belly flop every single time someone shoots the puck at him. It's almost like he thinks if he attacks the shot, it will scare it, and cause it to miss the net instead. Instead of, you know, just being in a good position, and making the save LIKE EVERY OTHER GOALIE IN THE LEAGUE DOES!

Reactions: The Cobra

Subway Schenn

Jun 24, 2018
London, UK
Not really strange and not really new. Matthews play since his latest shoulder injury has been a concern ever since he came back. He's so talented he can put up points even playing the way he has been. But he's been hesitant out there. He's not taking over games like he can and is more playing the opportunist who will disappear for much of a game, but can score when given some chances. That he just signed a contract to make him the second highest paid player in the NHL next year is just bringing the focus back on the issues he's been having for a while. Heck discussion about whether he was playing more cautiously so he wouldn't get hurt before signing his next contract was brought up to explain why he hasn't been himself.

He's the franchise center we drafted. A huge part of this team and a key reason why this team will succeed or fail. If he can't get going then we're in trouble. He'll still look fine in terms of production since he can pounce on chances. But we need him creating his chances and being effective in his own end. This isn't about a contract making people hate a guy, it's a core player not looking right on the ice.

That's basically it, he just doesn't look right. Wouldn't surprise me at all if he were playing injured.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
You have no argument, that's why you resort to hyperbole and exaggerations.

Look I get it, you're satisfied with a good team from the early 00s, I want to win a cup.

Good for you for being so spineless you don't want to call out mediocrity, it's a great character trait, write me more paragraphs telling me how stagnation combined with a coach who has historically underperformed everywhere he has gone is a good thing, I look forward to reading more garbage from you not addressing anything, that is the sign of a true Babcock supporter.

I've stated my point and supported it, perhaps you have a slowness in your ability to absorb the written word?

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
I've stated my point and supported it, perhaps you have a slowness in your ability to absorb the written word?

So have I, perhaps you are too stupid to understand how debate works, but you're supposed to respond to the points I made. Unfortunately you are not capable of that so you write senseless paragraphs, I'd say you're wasting your time, but I know that's literally the best you can do with it.

Good chat though, BOTTOM LINE:
We're on pace for the SAME amount of points this year with the addition of Tavares, Nylander's ELC over and Marner and Matthews' ELCs done after this year

But hey, maybe things will get easier when we have to pay Vezina Freddy and Norris Rielly right?

Genius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad