Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose to jets in the shootout 4-3

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
I think if we look at any good goalie that is not close to hall of fame material, we see stretches like this. He is still very good but don’t expect him to be a Belfour level or Roy.
I think this is fair.

Andersen is a very good goalie but not quite consistent enough to be among the elite.

He steals far more games than he’s responsible for losing. All at a reasonable cap hit.
I’ll criticize bad goals here and there, but usually defend him overall as a player.

Throw More Waffles

Unprecedented Dramatic Overpayments
Oct 9, 2015
Not Panthers Pre game thread yet so I'll ask here.

Any explanation for why they aren't playing on Saturday? A few years ago they ended the streak of like 25 years worth. I was okay with it they were terrible send a message to MLSE get your **** together. But now that they have why are they missing Saturday games?

Im curious as well.

LeafalCrusader

Oct 3, 2013
Winnipeg

Any explanation for why they aren't playing on Saturday? A few years ago they ended the streak of like 25 years worth. I was okay with it they were terrible send a message to MLSE get your **** together. But now that they have why are they missing Saturday games?

No idea. Also don't get why we're travelling 2400 km's to Florida but aren't staying to play the Lightning. Seems like a waste to have to make 2 trips to Florida to play the Florida teams separately.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
If this is him injured I wonder what he's like healthy.
It is a strange phenomenon Matty gets more minutes and his goal and point totals go up. OMG I can still hear Babs say he is more effective with lower minutes. and too many on here agreeing with that BS. He is 22. He can even play more. I'd love to see Matty get McJesus minutes. Make it a fair fight.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Its pathetic how its always a library in that building until we score. ****** suits.

Except if we score early in the first.

If the goal is early they are still getting a serving of the box seat food buffet and haven't sat down yet.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
I think if we look at any good goalie that is not close to hall of fame material, we see stretches like this. He is still very good but don’t expect him to be a Belfour level or Roy.
HOF goalies have bad stretches too. Imo the difference is that they play at a top level for a very long time, as the two you mentioned did.

killer1980

Sep 15, 2014
edmonton

Rogers, based on the BIG (let's say stupid) contract that they signed control the schedule. They took a lot of heat after they made the deal that the Leafs dominated HNIC. Also, the fact that the god awful broadcasts emanated from Toronto and the Leafs were pretty bad garnered a lot of complaints from hockey fans outside of Toronto. So, a few years ago, they decided to give some of the other teams a shot at HNIC's Saturday Night slot. This has not been changed since the Leafs have gotten better over the last few years. Toronto HNIC ratings always far exceed the other teams on Saturday Night.

As an aside, none of the Bozos that were involved in the original Rogers deal are still with the company.

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Considering Rogers owns part of the Leafs you'd think they want the team that gets the best rating to play in the timeslot that gets the biggest number of casual fans.

I assume the game is Ottawa Montreal. Let's see. Ottawa has a population of like 800k, and no national following (and never will). Half of Montreal fans will watch in French. And both teams are awful. Almost as bad as Leafs circa 2015 when they decided to take Toronto off HNIC.

I could understand The McDavids aka the Oilers vs Montreal. I might actually watch that.... Other than simply handing someone money I can't think of a worse business decision.

Smif

Jan 23, 2008
Hamilton
I would like it to be extended to 10min, if no goal then no one gets the winner point.
The ice becomes an issue at that point. That's getting up to 30 mins without a flood.

I've been to a game where there's been a tie, it's terrible. There should always be a winner and a loser every game.

ToMaLe

Sep 24, 2002
Saskatchewan
No idea. Also don't get why we're travelling 2400 km's to Florida but aren't staying to play the Lightning. Seems like a waste to have to make 2 trips to Florida to play the Florida teams separately.
Yea I dont get that either. Pretty stupid scheduling if you ask me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->