Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose ... On the brink of elimination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joedoggy

Feb 7, 2017
Lou...any chance you give coaching a upper level view of game 5 and coach the team, DJ Smith also....Play Matt Martin..yes the guy you brought in to destroy teams like he did vs Jersey yearly...Thanks Lou. There still may be a chance.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
If we're being honest with ourselves the fact the whistles have been put away has actually helped us

Our PP is pretty good, our PK has completely fallen off a cliff however

Boston are dirty but that's not what's beating us, the boys just aren't willing enough to take a hit to make a play or battle in the corners, that's an issue no matter who your playing

Andersen sucking is a whole nother issue

I disagree , knowing guys like Chara,Mccloud,Miller,Backas,Marchand get to run around without consequence is enough to scare/intimidate a half step out of our young kids/ take a hit to make a play

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
I DON'T want babs to "drag" a under dog team deep into the POs

Thats when management gets seriously stupid the next season

They are convinced their team is much better then it actually is and all hell breaks loose.

Look what our morons thought of this team after the lock out shortened anomaly:eek:

The beginning of the McClarkson era

Fairly or unfairly I’m giving this management team more rope at this point. My expectation is those 2 things are mutually exclusive, Babcock getting the team to exceed expectations in the playoffs shouldn’t lead the management team to make illogical decisions and start thinking we’re further ahead then we are. Not to mention sign horrible players to awful contracts and then be forced to trade them for a guy who they know will never play hockey again :laugh:.. man was that some horrible times!!

Wow, the natives are so restless that they are quoting Feschuk to bolster their arguments! Feschuk!!!Babcock has forgotten more about coaching hockey than Feschuk will ever learn.

So posting an article that appears to make some valid/truthful points about Babcock suddenly means I think Babcocks a horrible coach and Feschuk is some kind of genius? Did you even read the article? Quite the wild conclusion there bud. If what he is stating in the article is factually incorrect then I’m all ears. Regardless of Feschuks incompetence, unless he’s lying or factually incorrect (which maybe he is, I didn’t have time to confirm that) the article does make some interesting points for where Babcock has succeeded and where he hasn’t.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
Yeah, feels like they're already eliminated.

They basically are eliminated barring a miracle. If Andersen was at the top of his game there might be a sliver of hope, but with the way he's been playing, game 5 might be another blowout for Boston.

Reactions: glue

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
Exactly...i just can't get pumped...weird...
Yeah, it's like I'm cheering... Go Golfing Leafs Go Golfing!

So disappointed in their effort last night, at home, seeing how the Jets are just ON FIRE tonight, at home!

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
I know this is a double edged analogy, but the Leafs were down 3-1 to Boston last time we met and really should have won Game 7, so let’s do the first parts ;)

Reactions: SAMCRO44

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
It's been a bit hard to get pumped up after they got blown out in humiliating fashion in the first two games of the series.

They aren't done, but sometimes feels like they are. They can theoretically still come back. But this is why going down 0-2 at the start was so darn bad.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Not gonna lie, feeling just lethargic for tomorrows game....maybe that's a good thing?

Its not necessarily a bad thing.

I remember having a "discussion" with Interactif back in 2013 when the Leafs were down 3-1 after losing both at home, and the same holds today.

You go out and win on Saturday to get another home game. They can beat Boston at home, I know they can.

Then it's one game where anything can happen.

It starts with one, they have to win one game......they can win one game.

TheRexman

Just have fun
Jul 5, 2015
Quebec City
Maybe this will cheer some of you up for at least a few minutes.

Thanks for this. Actually made me smile and I haven't been smiling for days.

Number 9 was awesome and I would pay top dollar to watch Subban throw multiple number 1's and 8's on Marchand. Yeah I know that 8 was an illegal hit but it's Marchand. He deserves that and more.

Al14

Jul 13, 2007
It's been a bit hard to get pumped up after they got blown out in humiliating fashion in the first two games of the series.

They aren't done, but sometimes feels like they are. They can theoretically still come back. But this is why going down 0-2 at the start was so darn bad.
The Jets are playing with A KILLER INSTINCT instead of playing NOT TO LOSE and HOPE TO PULL OUT A WIN Babcock style!

Wild have injuries, sure, but, Boston was without their best damned player last night and our team PLAYS A STINKER in response! UNACCEPTABLE from the Coaches on down!

Reactions: dsred and thewave

TheRexman

Just have fun
Jul 5, 2015
Quebec City
They basically are eliminated barring a miracle. If Andersen was at the top of his game there might be a sliver of hope, but with the way he's been playing, game 5 might be another blowout for Boston.

If Andersen was at the top of his game I don't think we'd be in this position at all. It's not all on him, but he hasn't been good.

rimshot

Jan 10, 2010
North of South Mtn.
Fairly or unfairly I’m giving this management team more rope at this point. My expectation is those 2 things are mutually exclusive, Babcock getting the team to exceed expectations in the playoffs shouldn’t lead the management team to make illogical decisions and start thinking we’re further ahead then we are. Not to mention sign horrible players to awful contracts and then be forced to trade them for a guy who they know will never play hockey again :laugh:.. man was that some horrible times!!

So posting an article that appears to make some valid/truthful points about Babcock suddenly means I think Babcocks a horrible coach and Feschuk is some kind of genius? Did you even read the article? Quite the wild conclusion there bud. If what he is stating in the article is factually incorrect then I’m all ears. Regardless of Feschuks incompetence, unless he’s lying or factually incorrect (which maybe he is, I didn’t have time to confirm that) the article does make some interesting points for where Babcock has succeeded and where he hasn’t.
Did I read Feschuk?..NO. Should anyone read Feschuk?... NO. Should anyone referencing Feschuk in a post be shamed publicly?...NO... and I hope that I have not done that but my point stands...Feschuk is a pro sports troll that makes a good living being "provocative", which is not illegal but please don't pretend that he is a credible source or worthy of a reference.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
Feschuk is basically a bully. I don't like him.

There is not much to like about the reporters in the Toronto sports scene.

They are either a bootlicker/asskisser type, or the ultimate troll type.

The former never writes anything controversial or the truth for fear of being shut out. The latter just bullies their way as a troll stirring up the fake news to sell papers, or get clicks.

Very very few reporters in Toronto are like real people with something to say.

:baghead:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
The Jets are playing with A KILLER INSTINCT instead of playing NOT TO LOSE and HOPE TO PULL OUT A WIN Babcock style!

Wild have injuries, sure, but, Boston was without their best damned player last night and our team PLAYS A STINKER in response! UNACCEPTABLE from the Coaches on down!

Some guys try to punch people, some try to punch through people. That's the difference between winners and pretenders. WPG as you can see want to win and Toronto did not. If they did they would play with the urgency of WPG.

Babcock we can certainly say did not have them as motivated. He was unable to get them going last game.

Reactions: Al14

glue

Jan 30, 2006
Toronto
Did I read Feschuk?..NO. Should anyone read Feschuk?... NO. Should anyone referencing Feschuk in a post be shamed publicly?...NO... and I hope that I have not done that but my point stands...Feschuk is a pro sports troll that makes a good living being "provocative", which is not illegal but please don't pretend that he is a credible source or worthy of a reference.

Again, stop making things up and pretend you know me or my intent. Truth is I didn’t even check the author of the article (I actually quoted someone else on that earlier, I believe someone with the alias ‘Promised land’). I found this article on google while reading various other news about the leafs. The article talked about Babcocks successes as a coach (there are some indisputable ones) and areas where he has been unsuccessful based on actual stats (again seemingly indisputable). Feschuk being an overall terrible journalist/asshole etc. doesn’t change facts or valid points he may bring up in one particular article. So again, if you have something to back up what you’re saying about the numbers he’s stated I’m good with listening, or if you hate him and have no interest in reading it, that’s your prerogative, but your the one who quoted me and made an issue of what I quoted without even reading the article I had posted and making presumptions about what my feelings toward Babcock were. Kind of a d**k move there man. Anyway, can’t make myself much clearer then that. Peace out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad