Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose in OT 3-2

TMLeafer

Rest in Peace Johnny Bower
Mar 23, 2008
Hockey Mecca, ON
Yuck.

Pretty lousy way to end the game in regulation and OT.

That OT strategy for just sitting back for Matthews' entire shift is so lame :laugh:

That 2 on 0 was a disaster, you knew it when they made the first extra pass.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
Did Tavares' shot hit Allen's blocker and then the post?
Mikheyev, bit by every snake in the pit.
Matthews/Marner, hahahahaha, oh my buddha.
Hope Foligno is ok.

Overall, a boring game.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
Should have won, but just fast forward to the playoffs at this point. Habs are fighting for their lives while the rest of these games are meaningless for the Leafs.

Liljegren gets some much needed reps in on the 2nd pair and PK; thought he played good, low-event hockey outside of a couple misplays. Pairing him with Muzzin is huge for his development.

MTL somehow tried to trap in 3on3 OT....never seen a team actually decide to waste the game out of fear for a Matthews counter.

Reactions: danron1376

Hockey Crazy

Dec 30, 2008
Marner works best when he doesn't have as much time. He just thinks of too many options.

Crosscrease14

Dec 16, 2014
Ehh I'm not worried if stuff like this is gonna happen better now and tighten up before round 1

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Couldn't care less about the game but it would have been nice to play the Habs in the playoffs again, maybe in another 40 years it'll happen.

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Need a bit of fuel to the fire for the rest of the way. Nothing wrong with a little reality check even late in the year.

Magic number is 5 for the division.

Soft goal to tie and the 3 on 3 isn’t relevant for the playoffs. Bad luck on JT’s post and Marner tried to force feed Matthews. Just sucks that it had to be Caufield.

Hope the PP is just rope a doping until the playoffs

Reactions: Sypher04

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Hard to care about a nothing game, only 5 of them left till the real fun stuff starts.. I hope its just a tweak for Foligno and we can make it to the playoffs fully healthy.

Also its no wonder MTL loses so many games in OT, they play so passive and ugly in OT lol, can really tell they have very little skill upfront playing like that.

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Leafs played like trash all game against a bottom feeding low scoring Montreal and handed them the game on a silver platter. Better team won. Montreal absolutely DOMINATED Toronto in OT. Pathetic effort top to bottom.

Lol you must have a strange definition on dominated. They skated around with the puck a bunch, but really didn't do much with it prior to that Caufield shot going in.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Perfect opportunity to be unpredictable on that 2-on-0 and shoot the puck... nah, I'll do what everyone knows I'll do. Even if it doesn't go in the shot was the play there imo.

Hope Foligno is not seriously injured. If he is, I am worried.

Reactions: danron1376

TheShape

Oct 25, 2018
I’m at the point where I don’t even want Marner on the ice in OT. What a liability he has been

Sniper99

Jan 12, 2011
Edmonton
Habs bunch of p***ycats literally hanging on for dear life in OT playing keep away

Having said that, only have ourselves to blame. Should have sealed it with the 2 on 0 breakaway
Im all for 3 on 3 hockey its the bullshit retreating back and forth and skating around your opponents and skating right back out with the puck that is a big piss off to me.

danron1376

Jan 3, 2011
hopefully plays like the matthews and marner one on that 2-0 was just something they would do in a nothing game and not a playoff game

DuncanMacpherson

Apr 6, 2010
The Scabs had a horseshoe up their ass this game. Mathews and Marner not scoring on a 2-0 is a once in a lifetime event like seeing a unicorn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->