Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose in OT 3-2

Suntouchable13

Dec 20, 2003
Toronto, ON
I've been a fan since 2008.

I can categorically state Montreal and Boston are the only two sides I detest.

I have circumnavigated Earth and only one thing unites every single nation i've entered. The collective hatred of the French.

Montreal can suck a dick.

I became a fan in 2000 and Ottawa was my “Montreal”. Now it’s Boston.

Thissiteisgarbage

Oct 14, 2014
If you lived through being a Leafs fan through the 70's until the early 90's, you too would detest Montreal. They were always successful and we always fell short - no matter how good/bad our team was.

Reactions: hoglund and egd27

supermann_98

May 8, 2002
Visit site
Not the reason why we lost but I rather Engvall over Mika
Engvall can be a threat once in a while. Mika nothing. That empty netter was trash
As soon as he missed the empty netter we were destined to lose this game.

The 3v3 was a disgrace to hockey. Win the draw and play keepaway until Matthews and Marner leave the ice? Is that for real? Gutless just like the city of Montreal in general.

This is what us NHL fans want more of? More OT to decide a game? More games of keepaway? Bring on the shootout if that's the case, because that's pathetic

Reactions: egd27

Thissiteisgarbage

Oct 14, 2014

The 3v3 was a disgrace to hockey. Win the draw and play keepaway until Matthews and Marner leave the ice? Is that for real? Gutless just like the city of Montreal in general.

This is what us NHL fans want more of? More OT to decide a game? More games of keepaway? Bring on the shootout if that's the case, because that's pathetic
I grew up when there were still tie games. I never saw the problem with a tie game.The 3 on 3 can be fun to watch but it certainly wasn't last night.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
Mikhyev had his Alexie Ponikarvosky moment last night and the writing was on the wall..........

Spezza needs a few days off as his passing has been really erratic lately.

bodechek

Oct 10, 2017
The better team didn't win last night, but it happens. Mikheyev had a chance to seal the deal and shoots the puck into a defending player oppose to an open net (had no business being out there at that time). Oh well, forget it and get ready for the next game.

Reactions: Papi 4 Hart

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
I do agree with others. Mikheyev needs to be used in defensive situations. He shouldn't be out in overtime, or later in the game when we are looking to tie or take the lead, given our offensive depth. He's tremendous defensively, but dude, until he shows otherwise, can't be relied on offensively in the key situations.

That's not even meant to be criticism. I love Soup. But we need to play to his strengths.

Reactions: LeafSteel

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
The good and the bad:

Bad:
The loss diminishes the chances of a 1st round matchup against MTL which pisses me off more than I can say.

Good:
Campbell was fantastic and although the sample size is still small, it's getting bigger with each game. He's still a question mark but the question mark keeps getting smaller and since he seems to be the key to our playoff hopes, that is a very good thing indeed.

I'm amazed that people are bitching about the missed 2 on 0 and the OT and whatever else. We were I believe a couple of minutes away from having our longest winning streak of the season, the glass is more than half full so everyone should just chill. It's pretty clear by now what kind of a team we have and a couple minutes of OT doesn't change that one bit. Campbell was awesome, IMHO that's 100 times more important than anything else that happened in this game.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
If you lived through being a Leafs fan through the 70's until the early 90's, you too would detest Montreal. They were always successful and we always fell short - no matter how good/bad our team was.

It probably didn't help that Montreal had by far more success before the 70s too.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

It sucks because they had a perfect opportunity to make them pay but messed it up. Still pretty ridiculous to watch.

NicRattlehead

Mar 5, 2021
Houston, TX
I've been a fan since 2008.

I can categorically state Montreal and Boston are the only two sides I detest.

I have circumnavigated Earth and only one thing unites every single nation i've entered. The collective hatred of the French.

Montreal can suck a dick.
Hahahaha that was hilarious. Thanks for the laugh.

I can't say I agree but that was awesome.

hoglund

Dec 8, 2013
Canada
It has been harder to hate Montreal as much because they've sucked for many years too.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Pass is the play, just a good one with time and space instead of the awkward dump to the post

I think both shot or pass could have worked there but just be decisive about it and respect the goalie (as well as the possibility of a missed shot/pass rimming out to the backcheckers you've left up ice). Just one of those tendencies Matthews and Marner have where they're just "feelin' it" too much.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I think both shot or pass could have worked there but just be decisive about it and respect the goalie (as well as the possibility of a missed shot/pass rimming out to the backcheckers you've left up ice). Just one of those tendencies Matthews and Marner have where they're just "feelin' it" too much.
He definitely looked like he confusions himself and couldn't decide if he wanted to make the fake and shoot or just give it back to Matthews

Reactions: ACC1224

Mopar

May 3, 2021
2 on 0 in OT....you gotta bury that. They're both great players and they'll learn from that miss.

A two goal cushion would have been nice in the third as well. Tying goal was soft. Campbell was spectacular though. Nice to see him rebound so solidly after that little slump.

As stated earlier in this thread, not likely MTL scores many game tying goals 6 on 5 in the dying minutes when the intensity ramps up. (Hopefully in a playoff series against us)

Leafs coasted all night and almost won. Take care of business Thursdsy with a clean win. Then again on Saturday. It's never OK to lose to MTL.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
It warms my heart to see that several people have stated a basic truth - it's never OK to lose to MTL.

It has no impact on the big picture. We're cruising to the playoffs and we're looking good. But still ... it's never OK to lose to MTL.

Reactions: Brown Dog

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->