Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose due to goaltending but steal a point

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
Trade Willy for Parayko, probably have to wait for July 2nd. Sign Kapanen and Johnsson to long-term deals now for cheap.

I'm convinced nobody on this board actually watches Blues games. Parayko is not great defensively, he's soft (very soft for his size) and for a D-man who's primarily known for his offense, has a career high of 35 points. He's also shown to be quite vulnerable when attempting to handle minutes that aren't sheltered.

And he's about to turn 26, he's young...but he's not THAT young. He has Leafs whipping boy written all over him.

JEI

Jericho
Jun 7, 2004
Team played like shite. Almost a recipe for a loss when they start talking about how the Leafs are going to tune up a depleted lineup. Feels like the Leafs always find ways to not play up to their potential in games like this.

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
I'm convinced nobody on this board actually watches Blues games. Parayko is not great defensively, he's soft (very soft for his size) and for a D-man who's primarily known for his offense, has a career high of 35 points. He's also shown to be quite vulnerable when attempting to handle minutes that aren't sheltered.

And he's about to turn 26, he's young...but he's not THAT young. He has Leafs whipping boy written all over him.

He is sheltered somewhat behind Petrangelo.

Loosie

The Eternal Optimist
Jun 14, 2011
Kitchener, Ontario
Stop being a dick. I said instead of getting just one point, a win would have given us 2....instead of one.

The point is still that we can't have Andersen play 82 games. Of course Andersen playing gives us a better chance at the win. He's out starter for a reason, but he can't play 82 games.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
It didn't look like boarding to me, as it happened 4 feet away from the boards. They hit shoulder to shoulder but Matthews was off-balance because he decided to reach for the puck with his right hand/arm. If anything, it should have been a mere interference call, but refs went with boarding call. It wasn't dirty, it was unfortunate, and lucky for all Matthews was fine.
when you hit a player that doesn't have the puck and you're not trying to make a play o the puck, that's a dirty hit. Also the hit was not quite shoulder to shoulder

Reactions: therealkoho

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Russian dman are awful. Usually why they can never win anything internationally. Russian forwards are absolutely lethal but I can’t stand them as dmen.

There’s been like what a few good ones in the last 20+ years..? Markov and I guess Provorov is good these days.
That's is absolutely not fair to say. The best modern era defenseman is Russian and there have been many good ones, including a couple of my favorite leafs Yushkevich and Markov

Reactions: therealkoho

therealkoho

Him/Leaf/fan
Jul 10, 2009
the Prior
That's is absolutely not fair to say. The best modern era defenseman is Russian and there have been many good ones, including a couple of my favorite leafs Yushkevich and Markov
Yushkevich was a horse and an absolute rock out there, Markov hit like a truck and had an absolute cannon from the point

Zubov although not a Leaf was considered a top 5 in the league for a majority of his career

yeah Russia has no D:laugh:

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
It didn't look like boarding to me, as it happened 4 feet away from the boards. They hit shoulder to shoulder but Matthews was off-balance because he decided to reach for the puck with his right hand/arm. If anything, it should have been a mere interference call, but refs went with boarding call. It wasn't dirty, it was unfortunate, and lucky for all Matthews was fine.
I get the impression you don't know what boarding actually is.

Reactions: ACC1224

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
when you hit a player that doesn't have the puck and you're not trying to make a play o the puck, that's a dirty hit. Also the hit was not quite shoulder to shoulder

He was more of providing interference from the angle I found. It’s common to get yourself in the way to allow a teammate to with the foot race, it was less of a hit. Matthews put himself at an unstable stance with the reach, if he didn’t do that last split second and instead peruses the puck on foot then he would not have been knocked down.

Reactions: Matte99

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Who are you thinking of here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad