Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose (again) 7-3 to Tampa Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duffman955

Mar 4, 2010
I liked Kadri, but I think his time was over. Barrie has a lot of value (especially with his cap cost so low) and could return a better suited partner for Reilly.

Like I said earlier, in terms of value, its a good trade.

In terms of actual on ice impact... still a decent trade, but we should have done better by targetting a different type of defensemen.

Reactions: NikoEhlers

Nithoniniel

Sep 7, 2012
Skövde, Sweden
anyone else think Matthews looks to be playing a far more complete and strong defensive game?
Hell yes. I think he's been our best forward in terms of two-way play so far. He's been the only forward to consistently support his teammates in all three zones so far. Very encouraged by his start to the season, and not just because of the goals.

Reactions: Paradoc

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Hell yes. I think he's been our best forward in terms of two-way play so far. He's been the only forward to consistently support his teammates in all three zones so far. Very encouraged by his start to the season, and not just because of the goals.
So far I think Aho is the only forward with better underlying numbers. He's lightyears better than last year as far as I'm concerned

Reactions: Nithoniniel

Superstar

"Be water, my friend."
Jun 25, 2008
So far I think Aho is the only forward with better underlying numbers. He's lightyears better than last year as far as I'm concerned

He got a fair deal on his contract...he's happy and the organization is happy...he got a fair deal and is paid his worth and could simply go play his game and not be worried about having to live up to an albatross of a contract unlike Marner.

Reactions: NikoEhlers
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad