Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 6-5 in OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
I actually think we’re considerably better, and most of that is down to the fact that Matthews/Marner/Nylander/Rielly are a year more experienced.
This is the one reason I can say we def are better, kids are 1 year older with more experience and confidence yes. Matthew's looks unreal and nylander with a very good start

Reactions: kb and saffronleaf

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
I don't understand how you came away from that game thinking that lack of toughness was the issue?
It’s not the players after last night I’m concerned with. In 82 games stuff happens.

It’s the coaching. After last years 1st round exit and support from Dubas, I expected more flexibility from the coaching staff. But the Hakstol hiring is a coach who is just as rigid (ask Flyer fans) and I see the same pattern from Babcock through preseason and season. That is a concern.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
I dont think we are the Montreal Canadiens no...

Montreal missed the playoffs by 2 freakin points fella.

There was a whopping 4 point difference between our two clubs last year. Your narrative of bottom five is ignorant and hysterical.

An injury to Anderson and yes, we would be Montreal or worse.

2018-19 NHL Standings | Hockey-Reference.com

Last edited:

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Why the heck is the schedule so damn bad for us and back to backs.

4th game in 6 nights. If we can somehow win tomorrow, we're looking at a great start despite so many games to start right off the bat.

Warden of the North

Ned Stark's head
Apr 28, 2006
Muskoka
Was at the camp last night doing this one by radio. At 4-3 I turned it off knowing a loss was incoming. Could feel it in my bones.

I am a little surprised they took it to OT though.

sonofadolphin

Oct 6, 2019
Was it just me or did Don Cherry look like he was in purgatory Saturday night makes me wonder if the rumours about him not having a job this year were them asking him to step down he has seen much better days

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
I love Freddy, but he's not the difference between us being one of the top teams in the league, and being where Ottawa, Columbus, Detroit, Edmonton will be

What's the Leafs record with Andersen missing this whole season ?

McSnypsky

Jun 22, 2019
Was it just me or did Don Cherry look like he was in purgatory Saturday night makes me wonder if the rumours about him not having a job this year were them asking him to step down he has seen much better days
most likely he'll be gone cause he's really up there in age but also I think he gets paid quite a bit. They'll keep Mclean though.

Go4soda

Dec 15, 2015
I think you're just being defensive. Why would I be sarcastic? He's definitely 4 million $ better than Nylander. Calm down buddy.
That’s why I’m asking... sorry man, but I read that and didn’t know how to take it with some of the junk on these boards.

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Montreal missed the playoffs by 2 freakin points fella.

There was a whopping 4 point difference between our two clubs last year. Your narrative of bottom five is ignorant and hysterical.

An injury to Anderson and yes, we would be Montreal or worse.

2018-19 NHL Standings | Hockey-Reference.com
Leafs coasted the entire year my friend. Unfortunately for most of their season their games didn't mean much including the head to head games between the 2 clubs...how did they go? Makes alittle of a difference.

Habs game were always desperate for points to stay close..

Teeder Keon

Defeat does not rest lightly on their shoulders
Mar 11, 2019
Deep in the Purple jungles of BC
upload_2019-10-6_19-12-33.jpeg

kb

Aug 28, 2009
5/6 points in three games and folks are talking about missing the playoffs.

Never change guys lol
Can't have the top 4 D playing 48-50 minutes on back to back nights. That's the entire issue of last night in a nutshell. They were gassed by the time the 3rd period rolled around.

Considering the circumstances, 5/6 points is fine.

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
Leafs coasted the entire year my friend. Unfortunately for most of their season their games didn't mean much including the head to head games between the 2 clubs...how did they go? Makes alittle of a difference.

Habs game were always desperate for points to stay close..

Ignorance and arrogance.

How did Saturday go?

Reactions: Blowfish

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Ignorance and arrogance.

How did Saturday go?
You must be a habs fan because celebrating a shootout win like its game 7 of Stanley cup final is what habs fans do Haha

I saw a habs team that got back in the game due to goals with weird bounces, stupidity by leafs players
And poor reffing didn't hurt either where leafs kinda score at will but...

Enjoy the win

Last edited:

Drytoast

Sep 27, 2017
You must be a habs fan because celebrating a shootout win like its game 7 of Stanley cup final is what habs fans do Haha

I saw a habs team that got back in the game due to goals with weird bounces, stupidity by leafs players
And poor reffing didn't hurt either where leafs kinda score at will but...

Enjoy the win

Ya not a habs fan. I'm just not an idiot.

It's the refs fault...
It was the second half of a back to back
It was a shoot out win
Our back up sucks...

At the end of 82 games do not be surprised if we are battle via wildcard.

Buffalo is better
Montreal is better then you are suggesting
Florida is better
Carolina is better.
Boston is still Boston
Tampa Bay is still Tampa Bay.

We are not guaranteed anything. We might have slightly improved from last year provided that someone steps up to take on hainsey's pk minutes.

And next year will likely be a step back as we will lose key pieces due to cap issues.

You need a reality check.

Reactions: Blowfish
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad