Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 6-2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

56 Years No Cup

New and Improved Username!
Nov 12, 2007
Hey guys , new poster here , been on the boards for a while tho. Anyways I just wanted to chime in on the rielly incident and the term “rag it”. In the dubas thread I seen a lot of comments saying it’s an antiquated term , which I disagree with.. I hear it all the time. Also if you’ve ever played some team play on nhl games guys say it all the time . Just wanted to post this because I was surprised at the amount of people that didn’t know the term
The outrage machine is looking for something to be outraged about. Even if it isn't there.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
Hey guys , new poster here , been on the boards for a while tho. Anyways I just wanted to chime in on the rielly incident and the term “rag it”. In the dubas thread I seen a lot of comments saying it’s an antiquated term , which I disagree with.. I hear it all the time. Also if you’ve ever played some team play on nhl games guys say it all the time . Just wanted to post this because I was surprised at the amount of people that didn’t know the term
I hear it at almost every game. Either rag it or wheel. It is very common. And those terms have been around even before my time.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Ok how shall a hatefull fan keep track on whom to hate when it changes all the time. I thought we all agreed, last year it was Hyman this year it is Nylander. :huh:
Hate them all.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
Why don't the media go deeper? They must be chicken sh*ts. Never seen a team with 1 breakout. For NHL it is kinda hard to believe.

And the hockey guys are always in the studio. It is the reporter types who go to the scrums. They must be told if you go there you will not be back. It is so superficial and never gets to real hockey talk.

Dubas and shanny's attention should be on Babs now until Playoffs

AllDay28

Oct 15, 2015
anyone who plays NHL 19 knows that raging the puck is the worst thing in the f***ing world.

Reactions: rubous

al secord

Mustard Tiger
Jun 26, 2013
Toronto
Instead of firing it down the ice on the PK, waste time by holding possession.
Is this another term that should make us feel old?

I haven't played in a beer league for a while, but I was the greatest puck ragger of all time, if I'm being modest.

TML11

Feb 11, 2017
I woke up today still trying to figure out how a team on a PP, can make a line change, 4 forwards abandon the lone D man, with the opposing team's player BEHIND their net and 2 of their forwards rushing!
WTH?
Serious question: who is in command of line changes? Coach? Asst. coach? players? the trainer?? LOL.
A junior team could figure out a line change time better than that.

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
I woke up today still trying to figure out how a team on a PP, can make a line change, 4 forwards abandon the lone D man, with the opposing team's player BEHIND their net and 2 of their forwards rushing!
WTH?
Serious question: who is in command of line changes? Coach? Asst. coach? players? the trainer?? LOL.
A junior team could figure out a line change time better than that.

You know what the worst part about that line change was? They literally stopped skating 30ft from the bench and coasted in...preventing the fresh players from jumping on quickly to catch up to Tampa's forwards. I get it if your too gassed to go all the way to your own zone..but even to your bench you have to lollygag it? Mathews was the nearest guy to the bench and he just Marleau'd his way over there...very disappointing. I think the guys are sick of this coach and his constantly putting the players in situations that are bad due to his systems. Mathews pretty much called out the fact the PP is doing the same thing over and over about 1 month ago. They changed it up for a few games...and now back to usual.

Blanche Blanche

Torontoooooo
Dec 2, 2017
Toronto
You know what the worst part about that line change was? They literally stopped skating 30ft from the bench and coasted in...preventing the fresh players from jumping on quickly to catch up to Tampa's forwards. I get it if your too gassed to go all the way to your own zone..but even to your bench you have to lollygag it? Mathews was the nearest guy to the bench and he just Marleau'd his way over there...very disappointing. I think the guys are sick of this coach and his constantly putting the players in situations that are bad due to his systems. Mathews pretty much called out the fact the PP is doing the same thing over and over about 1 month ago. They changed it up for a few games...and now back to usual.

Agreed. They are doing what Mcdavid does - skate in on his own half the time because the rest of the team can't cant keep up.
But difference is we HAVE the players, but they are setup and used wrong to the point of confusion.

Babcock is losing the room. You see it on players faces. you see it on Matthews the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->