Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 5-3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lauro

Charlie Conacher
Jun 28, 2008
Berlin
Yeah, he had some good chances. He needs to be more than just the trash man for $11 million though, he needs to make his linemates better. I didn't see that yesterday.
You can't make Marner better!

bionic

Sep 5, 2009
markham
Thanks for those numbers.

Not geared to you but in general so please don't take this the wrong way. I have this tiny pet peeve when it comes to stats. I wish they'd list them with some consistency like for e.g., why not just rank from 1st to 31st and forget about worst or best as it's least confusing:

1st place (tied) for Scoring chances created.
10th place for possession
10th place for scoring chance differential
15th place for HD scoring chance differential
25th place in save %
27th place in scoring chances allowed.
I recently had a little surgery for a torn miniscus in my knee. Being a goalie is catching up to me. Maybe the drugs are playing trickes on my head but I'm not sure how to read the 27th place in scoring chances allowed. Does that mean there are 26 teams that have allowed more scoring chances then us?

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
I recently had a little surgery for a torn miniscus in my knee. Being a goalie is catching up to me. Maybe the drugs are playing trickes on my head but I'm not sure how to read the 27th place in scoring chances allowed. Does that mean there are 26 teams that have allowed more scoring chances then us?

No it's the opposite. 26 teams have allowed less

Reactions: bionic

CanadasTeam

Nov 9, 2009
Tarrana
My bad, I should have said 5th place for scoring chances allowed.

Reactions: bionic

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Teams come prepared. Every team knows what our game plan is. Safe play from our zone. Stretch pass and dump and chase. That’s it

Our creative players are not allowed to be creative. Teams with goalies who can handle the puck just retrieves the puck and pass it to their D. And repeat

That Line of Kadri is too slow. Needs to swap one of those forwards to give him some speed. We have the personnel but not being utilized properly

Reactions: Koolboss

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
I thought we had better effort than in mtl game, but result is opposite. Cabott walking forward first and then defenseman for two goals is great individual effort, but that would not last.
Frustrating that Oz played it right. Skates were in right position, put puck just went through. Then he got the crack at puck, but just missed. He will learn now that nhl players can close on you very fast.
We just move on and continue to develop chemistry in our newly assembled lines.
I thought Marleau, Marner, Tawares were very noticeable. Zaitzev had good game up to his standards.

Apotheosis

Mar 27, 2014
Toronto, Ontario
Just came in here to say something that probably wasn't talked about; Thomas Chabot is legit. If the Sens continue to implode, would love to somehow pluck him from them.

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
To me, seems like Andersen was the problem yesterday. He was by far the worst player on the ice. He gave up 4 goals he never should have given up, and he was on the verge of giving up even more easy ones. It was not the cleanest game the defense should be capable of playing (Ozhiganov was falling all over the place for one and some of the forwards made some really poor defensive plays), but any NHL goalie should have been able to win that game... Even with Ottawa getting a little bit lucky in there.

If Andersen played half decently well, the Leafs would have won easily, and I doubt anyone would be complaining about the defense in that game. They only gave up 24 shots after all, and not many of them could be considered difficult for Andersen to save.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Leafs outplayed the senators by quite a margin. defense just needs to settle down a bit, leafs need to play more desperate like Montreal and sens - but when your team is as stacked as the leafs I can understand how coasting will become a concern.

Would be nice to have a fighter who can play hockey...

To Anaheim: Connor brown

To Toronto: Ritchie

Prob difficult considering how much Carlyle likes . He is the guy who once regularly deployed both Orr and McLaren at the same time.

However Anaheim does lack winger depth. Meanwhile leafs are pretty deep in the wings.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
Also let's not forget that Tavares and Marner just started playing as a line a few games ago. Let's give Tavares a chance to build a little chemistry....

One thing I hope doesn’t last long is the Van Riemsdyk special of posting up in front on pp and trying to shovel between legs for tap ins in the slot.

Sens were collapsing hard in the crease, that play simply was not even close to being available, but it didn’t stop the play from being repeated.

luvdahattymatty

Apr 8, 2018
Gramps here. You guys are tough on goalies. Remember one more thing the goalie is your most important player if we are going to win the Cup. Throwing your goalie under the bus after game 2 is the absolute worst thing you can do. He won us game 1 as second star in a game we deserved to lose. Game 2 he did not make the 2 10 bellers like he did in Montreal game and you throw him under the bus. My friends you do not sound like true Leaf fans. One bad goal is way to quick to judge him that he is on his way to another bad October. Again this narrative is childish and unfounded. When my kids and grandkids say stupid things like this I always tell them they have a lot left to live and learn.

Going to take my sweetie to dinner tonight on our 58th wedding anniversary. Go Leafs Go.

Reactions: Wafflewhipper
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad