Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 5-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

NK94

Feb 5, 2019
The three weeks this season that the Leafs got better than .900 goaltending were great. Alas,

IPS

Sep 28, 2017
Insanely bad puck luck. But this will get blown out of proportion to the nth degree.

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
i dont think campbell has the mentality to be a starter, you need to be arrogant and overly confident as a starting goalie, because you are gonna let in stinkers and you need to brush them aside. he is way too hard on himself and you are seeing the result of a goalie who loses confidence way too easy.

Mar 12, 2009
Everyone got mad at me when I said this board would turn on Campbell if he had a string of mediocre games, after the feverish hype when he started well after those first 4-5 games. Not making a judgement on it, just knew it would happen lol

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
Whorevat beat Campbell twice from the same spot. Very frustrating game, another embarrassing one they should have won.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Lack of giving a &$&* shows with this team

Just bunch of pretty boys.

I never want to see Simmonds in Leafs uniform again. He just sucks in every way. He was brought in here to do one job and he can't or won't do it

So where are the fans who just want the two points? did you get your two points?

Having balls still pays off in this league.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
This is the lowest I've been in 2 seasons. That was unacceptable plus the loss of Hyman. What makes it really hurt is no one on this team is going to do a thing about Edler's hit. Someone asked "Do you like this team". Harder and harder to answer that question lately.

Reactions: Gabriel426

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
Yes I agree we seem to have more than our share of bad luck BUT hard work usually makes less bad luck.

This team is an embarrassment at times. They lack the killer instinct that so many other teams have. All skill, no heart Maple Leafs, save for a few like Hyman.

Reactions: wingman75

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Had so many opportunities to bury the opponent.

Zero killer instinct. Zero finish around the net.

Will not win a playoff round playing like that, no effin chance.

Rittich needs to start the next one. That looked exactly like Fred in net.

How can they as a team not be embarassed after a game like that? I mean fck the fans, do it for yourselves.

Laughing stock of the league for a reason.

rdogg

I cry your pardon
Aug 4, 2010
PEI
I hope they trade Rielly and Marner this offseason. I ****ing hate both these guys

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Bahahahahaha

Good for the Canucks. The Leafs got exactly what they deserved tonight. You want to squander 20 ridiculously good chances, against a team missing a bunch of players, starting a backup goalie and coming off of Covid-19?... You to bathe in your embarrassment for a while.

I was actually rooting for the Canucks down the stretch (as I posted in the game day thread). Leafs didn't deserve to win with inability to finish!

Reactions: CherryToke

Jmo89

Mar 21, 2010
It's long past time we accept this team has a "finish" problem. We've too long blamed it on "ran into a hot goaltender".

Forward can't finish, goalies can't make big saves, and the coach can't adjust. Those seem to be the trends over the past 2+ seasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad