Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnie97

Jun 26, 2015
Canada
Things aren't perfect right now ... Leafs didnt play great that game.. but tomorrow is a new day... regular season is over

Leafs will be ready... playoff time

Leafs in 5 on Habs

Let's f***ing go

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
I don’t care what anybody thinks, we do not need to and should not re-sign Morgan Reilly to any kind of deal.
I don’t even know what he brings to the table anymore. He can’t defend, he can’t shoot, he is not a good passer, he is brutal on the PP and he is not going to get any better. He is a liability at this point.
Go out and get a real #1 D to play with Brodie.
We have plenty of firepower without him.

Rielly has played himself out of what I think would be the Leafs long term plans. Sometimes guys hit their best before dates on a team and it's really evident he and Freddie are at that point.

Dave92

Oct 9, 2019
No. I think he would be a better fit for the post season over Mikheyev. It is going to be a physical series whether we like it or not. Gally can draw penalties with his forecheck.

Yea it's close. Mikheyev's plus is he's one of the few guys who can out race McDavid at times.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Exactly. I have no idea why our fanbase continues to gobble up mediocrity.

Power play is still a mess, dropping two in a row is really not what we should be expecting for if we're serious about winning the cup.

Destroy the Senators and Winnipeg, go into the playoffs with swagger.
So if we won, are we this guaranteed cup winner?
Tampa was shutout by their 1st round opponent. What does that mean for them?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
If you lose a series because of last change, then you weren’t good enough for the Cup anyway.

We don’t even know where the Leafs would play if we made the semis.

So much whining on this board about an awesome team.

Just calm down and get ready for the real games.

They're all real games - and this team has not earned the reputation to justify turning it off for "meaningless games" because they've never managed to win those "meaningful games."

Reactions: finallaptwin

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Okay, I don't agree, but Galchenyuk provides no defensive value anywhere on the ice...which is why he's not in the playoff lineup despite how hard he works. So I'm failing to see what your point is?
Somehow trying to show Nylander and Gally are the same level of player which is completely wrong.

Rude Dog

Dec 22, 2008
This was anything but a meaningless game. Teams get reseeded in the semis. Leafs went from 4th to 6th. Had a chance to avoid Colorado or Vegas 3rd round. Better hope pit loses. Who knows what upsets could happen. This could be huge.

Last edited:

socko

Nov 26, 2013
Martinez, GA
That game didn't give me the warm and fuzzy. The only thing I really feel better about is that Andersen isn't in net this year.

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
Sure some teams will figure out your PP.

When every team does though, that is a strategic fail on the Leafs. They have the money to throw at the problem next year. It's not getting fixed this year because it's not the players on the ice that is the problem. It's an off-ice issue that will result in some house cleaning.

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017

No, it doesn't. But it certainly would've helped the team's confidence, and if we play Winnipeg in round 2, would've been nice to show them that we're leagues ahead.

I don't understand the argument that losing is something to be ok with if you're trying to foster a winning culture.

Reactions: Pandemonia

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002

A competitive team should just want to put their best foot forward more often than not and find reasons to motivate themselves to win and give themselves the best odds they can later down the line. Why did Ottawa and Winnipeg want to beat us more than we wanted to beat them? At this point it's just trying to get a feel for where they're at psychologically.

Put it another way, why the heck do I want to win more than the team playing the game does?

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
The team that was a complete no show in the playoffs last year with a PP that went 0-12.

No showing the final 2 regular season games with the coldest PP in the league is a great way to enter the playoffs.

Congrats on 6th Keefe, such a historic placement.
0 for 2 on the powerplay in a meaningless game, they still couldn't score.

0 for 12 against Columbus, lost to a much inferior team.

Special teams wins playoff series, that's fact.

7% in the last 3 months on the powerplay should concern ANY Leafs fan.
So like, are you guys brothers or what? Twins perhaps?

Reactions: stopclickbait

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
No, it doesn't. But it certainly would've helped the team's confidence, and if we play Winnipeg in round 2, would've been nice to show them that we're leagues ahead.

I don't understand the argument that losing is something to be ok with if you're trying to foster a winning culture.
Seems like you expect teams to play hard in every game no matter how important, which is not realistic. Not sure why you seem to think this game was more important then the others we played.

Bellzy

It was 4-1 finally has better meaning….
Jun 30, 2018
If you lose a series because of last change, then you weren’t good enough for the Cup anyway.

We don’t even know where the Leafs would play if we made the semis.

So much whining on this board about an awesome team.

Just calm down and get ready for the real games.
Well said. Grow up cry babies

Marshy

Behind Enemy Lines
Oct 3, 2007
Ottawa
A competitive team should just want to put their best foot forward more often than not and find reasons to motivate themselves to win and give themselves the best odds they can later down the line. Why did Ottawa and Winnipeg want to beat us more than we wanted to beat them? At this point it's just trying to get a feel for where they're at psychologically.

This is what the "meaningless game" folks aren't getting.

These last 2 games weren't meaningless to our opponents. Funny that.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Nah I think saying you finished 4th instead of 6th has a tiny bit of value in it's self even if it doesn't end up affecting the playoffs.
If the unspeakable happens it definitely wouldn't have a tiny bit of value.
If, on a more positive note, if there are a few upsets in the other divisions we may end up as the #1 anyway.

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
Seems like you expect teams to play hard in every game no matter how important, which is not realistic. Not sure why you seem to think this game was more important then the others we played.

I don't - but these were easily winnable games that would've put us into a better position down the stretch if we make it that far.

We had more to play for than our opponents, still played the vast majority of our roster, and still lost both games.

Reactions: Stephen
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad