Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 4-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
It was a nothing game. Neither team wanted injuries and in truth, Jets wanted it more because they have sputtered for so long.

Leafs lost their first game in regulation in ten games. A tale of two cities.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I am disappointed with Rielly’s continued subpar play, the powerplay still being trash, and I wish we could’ve held the lead better but alas.

No one was hurt on our end. Leafs come out flying come Thursday no one will remember this one.

Reactions: geo25

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
Literally the only thing that mattered about tonight was getting through the game healthy.
Mission accomplished.
This game was otherwise utterly meaningless and it showed both in play and in how players were deployed.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
A game that nobody (should) care about is over. The team was playing not to get injured, and that's exactly how they should have played it.

These last few games have been a slog to watch due to their lack of any real stakes. Being in the real action next week

weeweeballs

Jan 22, 2021
if they're going to play a meaningless game they might as well use it to sharpen up their play instead of look like ass, it's not like they have a history of playoff success to warrant going ass backwards into the playoffs

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
It's time to wipe almost everything.

New slate. New opportunities. Let's go.

All it takes is 1 ppg vs. Habs to get rolling again.

Boys shouldn't be as stressed as some are here by the past few games.

Playoffs. A new Leaf will turn.

Stay tuned.

Reactions: BTP

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
Would this be your group heading into the playoffs?

Foligno-Matthews-Marner
Hyman-Tavares-Nylander
Simmonds-Kerfoot-Mikheyev
Thornton-Brooks or Engvall -Spezza
Galchenyuk

Muzzin-Holl
Reilly-Brodie
Sandin-Dermott (Bogosian if healthy)
Hutton

Reactions: Tlo1

TimeZone

Make the pick
Sep 15, 2008
Lost
I don't faith in this team with such a pathetic PP. Even the Habs have a chance of an upset if the pathetic PP woes continue.

Stonehands1990

Apr 2, 2021
Literally the only thing that mattered about tonight was getting through the game healthy.
Mission accomplished.
This game was otherwise utterly meaningless and it showed both in play and in how players were deployed.

Keefe & Maurice literally rolled the bench like a house league team but people are trying to analyze the game lol

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Do you not understand the impact of getting the last change?

And when we may be playing in arenas with US fans, it’s likely better to limit the amount of games our opposition gets energized by them

If you lose a series because of last change, then you weren’t good enough for the Cup anyway.

We don’t even know where the Leafs would play if we made the semis.

So much whining on this board about an awesome team.

Just calm down and get ready for the real games.

Leafsfan74

Jul 2, 2018
I will say, I am surprised Galchenyuk seemingly won't start the playoffs. Against his old team and a member of the team when it was on fire, it seems odd

His defensive game needs some work, but so does Nylanders, at quite a different pay scale.

Keefe is looking for balance I suppose and Foligno makes him redundant.

The key will be defense and drive in the postseason. They had better bring it. Too often, some players have been invisible relying on the top line.

Reactions: Tlo1
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad