Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 3-2 In OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookie

Fresh From The Oven
Nov 24, 2009
Oven then stomach
This team defies all expectations. The other team could be wearing their skate guards all game long and the Leafs would still find a way to waste a goal or three from Matthews. Coming into the game, we had 30 goals in the last 10 games. The difference between the Leafs at the moment vs the start of the season is that they don't have the swagger to outscore their opponents and now they're showing that they don't have the capacity to play sound positional hockey either. In slumps like these, the thought process is to hunker down and "play the right way". When they try to do that, they can't buy a save or make any sort of dangerous offensive play.

I hope to God they're playing possum.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
The last goal was weak and Campbell had no excuse. But the team just didn’t have that killer instinct to dominate.
We can all say Holtby stole the game but you look at Horvat, you can see he wants the Win and was making things happen every shift.
AM was on fire but where is our Captain?
That’s my biggest beef with JT, I know he is a quiet leader but he rarely shows he wants to will his team to victory ever since he wore the C.
Marner needs to keep thing simple bc all the dazzle means nothing if the puck is not in the back of the opposing net.

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
The Joe Thornton Fantasy Camp is over. He can't play a national league shift and can't even muster enough care to defend teammates in a scrum. There's no hockey left in this guy.

Jack Campbell has obviously returned to earth as a goalie. Not his fault but it's likely we can't count on him for a big save. What's worse is the team chemistry and motivation to play well for him has evaporated.

A lot of glaring turnovers tonight. The defense pairings didn't look in sync at all. Rielly, Muzzin and Holl each looked brutal at times.

I'm sure they're trying to work Simmonds back up to his one game peak with us but it seems more likely the juice is not worth the squeeze.

The give a crap meter of Matthews, Marner is not inspiring. The fact that Quinn Hughes could defend Matthews in space is just nonsensical.

The PP is a hot mess. It's like they keep throwing 5 man units of perfect strangers out there.

Without Hyman, the Leafs are the Walking Dead.

Why do you think he's going to become an solid NHLer?

I mean he sucked with NJ, Nashville and Buffalo. Why do fans think magically he's going to become this powerfoward or someone who can contribute?

Stanley Sumdae

Feb 1, 2010
Well I'm still waiting for the day this group learns to close a game. I don't care about a hot goalie at the other end. We had a 2-0 lead and were still throwing blind passes around. Where's all this elite leadership we brought in to help fix all that?

Cleetus

"snot"
Jan 2, 2012
North!
This is what happens when you focus on useless elements like grit and toughness instead of talent.
Hope that crowd of fans are happy.
Thats what cup winners do. They have zero talent, they grit their way to a cup.
so the talent we pay 40 million dollars for is not good enough I get it..... grit has nothing to do with it, what a nonsense post....

baton elevated

One Man Gang
Jun 4, 2009
I could say so much about this team the last two years but what's the sense? It's the Leafs and It's what they do.......perod.
I didn't feel we were a championship caliber team weeks ago and stated as much. Without Hyman (our most important player) turn out the lights.

Reactions: MJK

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
How in the hell were the refs not able to look into the net and see the puck on that Holtby save...... MITCH f***ING MARNER was pointing to the damn puck.

Reactions: Bust

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
I hear both Foligno and Nash are hard working, high IQ players.... gonna be nice to have two players on the roster with these traits (three if Hyman isn’t out).

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Shame this game happened the week AFTER the trade deadline instead of before. Could’ve held on to our picks instead of spending them on guy who also have no offensive capabilities.
Can't even blame Dubas. He changed to the strategy that some fans wanted and look whats happened.
Maybe it is skill>Grit?

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

JayfromNB1219

Mar 27, 2019
New Brunswick
you’re really the worst type of leafs fan, really disgusting attitude

Actually...I’d rank any fan ok with the result of this game as miles below Irish...at least he gives a sht... more than most of our team can say after this one

Some people actually give a sht about the day to day stuff and demand an honest effort from the guys on the team they choose to support

On closer to Irish than you on this one it was unacceptable in terms of effort and drive

And as little as our voices matter (these guys are millionaires they don’t give an actual sht what we think) we still voice our opinions because we care...good and bad

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Bahahahahaha

Good for the Canucks. The Leafs got exactly what they deserved tonight. You want to squander 20 ridiculously good chances, against a bad team missing a bunch of players, starting a backup goalie and coming off of Covid-19?... You get to bathe in your embarrassment for a while.

I was actually rooting for the Canucks down the stretch (as I posted in the game day thread). Leafs didn't deserve to win with their inability to finish!

we had what? like 3 or 4 PPs including one that was 5 mins? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad