Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 3-2 In OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
This is what happens when you focus on useless elements like grit and toughness instead of talent.
Hope that crowd of fans are happy.
Thats what cup winners do. They have zero talent, they grit their way to a cup.

Reactions: Jimmy Firecracker

Sypher04

Jan 20, 2011
They're not hot takes my friend. They're facts.

Nothing has changed with this team in 4 years.

I'm not saying none of the things being said have some merit, but some of this is absolutely 100% hot takes and overreactions

fahad203

Oct 3, 2009
Why does Keefe even put out Rielly on 3 on 3?

Just go with 3 forwards. I have more faith in Kerfoot defending or even Mikhayev than Rielly

Have I mentioned that SImmonds can GTFO?

Reactions: geo25

LastOne2100

Jan 2, 2017
Freddy gonna be good for us in the playoffs. I am less concerned about our goal tending and more concerned about our forwards scoring and actually back checking......

I less concerned about our forwards and more concerned about our defense terribly pinching and being out of position constantly. I don't think there's a team that gives up more odd man rushes and breakaways per game than we do.

Reactions: Cpt Maple Leaf

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
4 straight losses, 4 straight games where the Leafs couldn’t score more than 2 goals.

But it was all “this team doesn’t need scoring! They can score enough!” f*** off. What a f***ing joke. How is that the conclusion when this team has done nothing but grind out low scoring 1 or 2 goal wins all season and only has one two week stretch where our supposed “vaunted offence” actually blew teams away?

New User Name

Jan 2, 2008
I wish we kept our first rounder. No way Foligno will do anything to move the dial
I agree. We might get out of our division but that's as far as we'll get.

But it's the historical way Leafs management has done things. Trade picks/prospects for nothing.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Let's face it, this team had absolutely no excuse to lose tonight... none, zero. And we all saw what happened. I don't know what these moves Dubas made were meant to accomplish, but the way this is looking, getting past a 1st round will be definition of success in their eyes. If you think this core is gonna do more than that you're kidding yourselves.

At least let the players get in the line up before judging. Our core literally carried us tonight. How about some damn secondary scoring. The top two lines generate as much offense as they can, maybe they aren’t finishing like they did early but they are still generating. Mikheyev and Kerfoot haven’t done much, Robertson doesn’t have patience and is trigger happy and still doesn’t look like he’s quite ready for full time games, 4th line provides nothing except for Spezza

djdev

Dec 26, 2015
costa rica
Well, I'm out of excuses. Team's not that good. Been losing games they should be winning for over a month. What's the opposite of a killer instinct? We have that.
what? we were 9 - 0 - 1 before these last 5 games. being frustrated doesnt give you license to just make things up lol

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Lots of posters that never post when we’re doing good coming out of the woodwork now.

Smh what a joke some of you are.

MSZ

Car guy
Oct 5, 2014
Scarborough
Many have already predicted this outcome in the pregame thread.

This core just doesn't have the killer instinct.

meefer

Jun 9, 2015
Bangkok
A game they should not have lost, but somewhat predictable. How many times do you see a player come back from injury and have a great 1st game back? Happens all the time, and here we had a team coming back after 'injury'. Great game by Holtby tonight, kept them alive, too many missed opportunities by the Leafs, and Campbell...I wouldn't want to be in his head after this game.

Nylander looked very strong, Matthews wrist isn't right, and Zach, ffs.

I'm calling the Leafs by 3, minimum, the next game. They're going to be an angry group and I believe in them.

Have a good night folks.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Team played fine, Campbell let in a couple bad ones.

Its the same as earlier. Team isnt playing bad, but the goaltending sucks.

The Leafs were discombobulated from the start. Like usual against 'weaker' teams they sort of expect easy games and they get their lunches stolen every single time.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
The Usual Suspects...............................followed by a weak puff of fart dust.:tinker:

Tavares could have had how many goals tonight?

Marner trying to be too cute again-sounds like a running theme

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
Once again this team is running into finishing trouble. But for reasons only knuckle dragging Neanderthals would appreciate this team thought the best option was to go out and get a 33 year old grit grinder and let Hall walk to the Bruins for as cheap as he could be gotten.

Foligno better f***ing impress. Because right now we’re hurtling towards another pathetic first round exit because WE CAN’T F***ING SCORE WHEN IT MATTERS!

if true why are we paying 40 million (50% of our cap) to 4 forwards?

The Promised Land

Dec 30, 2013
Thanks mods for creating this new thread.

I know there's going to be a lot of hand wringing and anger, and yes on the surface it's disappointing but this was totally different from that Ayres game. The Leafs dominated the play for the most part as they should have but ran into a hot goalie and on the other end had a goalie that has lost all confidence and continued his weak play. It was a flukey win for the Canucks at the end of the day is ultimately a meaningless game. How many posts, crossbars, close calls did the Leafs had? Yes I get it, they should have buried some of them, but it happens.

tl;dr I'm disappointed but do not think this is the end of the world.

Reactions: Cpt Maple Leaf

rdogg

I cry your pardon
Aug 4, 2010
PEI
It's equally pathetic that this is Vancouver's Stanley Cup. They are a poverty franchise that will also never win a cup anytime soon

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
1.Thorton, this game alone had 3 dead plays once the puck touched his stick. It's over.

2. The powerplay MUST stop with this set play nonsense that is so PREDICTABLE. We only scored on the break because it was..A BREAK a counter attack.

3. Weak goal by Campbell, i still believe in him, just watch him once he gets another win.

4. I love the fancy stuff because creativity is strong in this team, lots of talent, but sometimes i wish they would work like Crosby, all that talent and he's always had a grinder way about himself, an oldschool type game with his skill, we need that.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->