Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 3-2 In OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
Games like this show you why this team will never win in the playoffs. Not enough hard hockey, too much fancy crap. Cute passes turn into turnovers and the puck goes in the other way.

Folks we are Leaf fans we all know how this season will turn out. 1st round playoff exit. This team is cursed since Ballard and nothing will change.

Just a pathetic performance.

7even

Offered and lost
Feb 1, 2012
North Carolina
It's long past time we accept this team has a "finish" problem. We've too long blamed it on "ran into a hot goaltender".

Your offense is going to look shitty over a stretch of time if you strip away literally all of your power play scoring. I'm full in on your point though. $40M in forwards, and for what

PromisedLand

I need more FOOD
Dec 3, 2016
Hogwarts
This team loves finding new ways to embarrass themselves and let down their fans.

Holtby stands on his head, Campbell lets in a stinker to lose it.

Goaltending is clearly the biggest concern leading up to the playoffs. Campbell coming back down to earth with a growing number of bad performances in a row.

Seriously though, did any real Leafs fan looking at the storyline for this game expect us to win?

Freddy gonna be good for us in the playoffs. I am less concerned about our goal tending and more concerned about our forwards scoring and actually back checking......

IrishInOntario

May 18, 2013
you’re really the worst type of leafs fan, really disgusting attitude

The worst kind of Leafs fans are all those that will come to this thread saying "we got robbed. We dominated the play and got no puck luck"... That's the biggest "loser" attitude ever. It's ultra competitive sport. There are only winners and losers. I'm sure that's how the guys are feeling tonight.

Pete2000

Nov 10, 2019
So,

let me get this right.

1. Covid riddled Nucks beat Leafs
2. Nucks end Hyman’s season.
3. Leafs now infected with Covid

How am I doing so far?

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
The Joe Thornton Fantasy Camp is over. He can't play a national league shift and can't even muster enough care to defend teammates in a scrum. There's no hockey left in this guy.

Jack Campbell has obviously returned to earth as a goalie. Not his fault but it's likely we can't count on him for a big save. What's worse is the team chemistry and motivation to play well for him has evaporated.

A lot of glaring turnovers tonight. The defense pairings didn't look in sync at all. Rielly, Muzzin and Holl each looked brutal at times.

I'm sure they're trying to work Simmonds back up to his one game peak with us but it seems more likely the juice is not worth the squeeze.

The give a crap meter of Matthews, Marner is not inspiring. The fact that Quinn Hughes could defend Matthews in space is just nonsensical.

The PP is a hot mess. It's like they keep throwing 5 man units of perfect strangers out there.

Without Hyman, the Leafs are the Walking Dead.

KIWILEAFFAN

Dec 28, 2011
New Zealand
Oh well. Another season of hope wasted.
This core lacks aggression and a killer instinct. Hate to say it but they're not good enough to win a cup.
Good regular season team, below average playoff team.
Might win a round. Get everyone's hopes up and then shit the bed at the first sign of adversity.

Griffin76

May 17, 2014
Nova Scotia
Hughson's reactions during the game

567xdt.jpg

Jozay

Jul 9, 2012
Toronto
Team played fine, Campbell let in a couple bad ones.

Its the same as earlier. Team isnt playing bad, but the goaltending sucks.

Reactions: LeafsRus

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
We got goalied tonight but the PP is still ass, the refs are a joke, and worst of all Hyman might be out long term.

What an awful embarrassing game. Holtby stood on his head but we had to get that done.

And oh boy we don't have a goalie controversy we've just got a genuine goalie problem.
Really though? Andersen has been no better in a long time

Reactions: LeafsRus

Bust

Jul 28, 2016
This is disappointing. This team is fundamentally weak mentally. They lack that killer instinct. Even if they win the next 11 games, it looks like another 1st round exit. They don’t have that switch in them to kill off their opponents.

The collective “deer in the headlights” look this team has is concerning.
You figure some of these role guys/coaches would be able to fix this crap.

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
We played really well 5v5, we just can't get our PP sorted out and made some elementary mental mistakes that really hurt

I'm not going to lose my mind over this one, the goaltending and PP are concerning but you can see how strong we are in other areas of the game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad