Post-Game Talk: Leafs Lose 3-2 In OT

Status
Not open for further replies.

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
C-J7RoLWsAAriIv

Leafy Undergrowth

Feb 4, 2013
The perfect blend of skill, bad luck, incompetence and hughson to maximize frustration and embarrassment.

On a side note - 3 on 3 is every bit as gimmicky garbage a way of deciding a hockey game as a shootout.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
Bahahahahaha

Good for the Canucks. The Leafs got exactly what they deserved tonight. You want to squander 20 ridiculously good chances, against a team missing a bunch of players, starting a backup goalie and coming off of Covid-19?... You to bathe in your embarrassment for a while.

I was actually rooting for the Canucks down the stretch (as I posted in the game day thread). Leafs didn't deserve to win with inability to finish!

you’re really the worst type of leafs fan, really disgusting attitude

Mats13

Apr 22, 2015
Don’t care that we lost.

We outplayed them. They got lucky all game and it was topped off by the bullshit goal that was taken away from us.

What pisses me off is we might be without Hyman. I’m legitimately worried about our season now.

MoreMogilny

Cap'n
Jul 5, 2009
Oshawa
4 in a row now.

Aren’t getting goaltending or depth scoring. Whole team looks like they are in lazy mode. Well, not the whole team but certain key members.

In other words just typical Leaf stuff.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
The magic number falls to 6.5 games (Van losses/ Tor wins) and we earn the X.
we played well enough to win just can't get anymore unlucky.

Reactions: Teeder Keon

Tlo1

Nov 6, 2017
Reilly had possession below the goal line and throws the puck up the ice to no one!

BertCorbeau

F*ck cancer - RIP Fugu and Buffaloed
Jan 6, 2012
Simcoe County
Leaky defensively at times but all over them offensively... Holtby stole it with some luck. That puck intuitively was in but it couldn’t be easily seen.

Campbell with a subpar game.. hope Hyman is ok.

Games in Vancouver just seem to be a tough go for some reason.

Jojalu

Feb 22, 2019
It's long past time we accept this team has a "finish" problem. We've too long blamed it on "ran into a hot goaltender".

For the amount of quality chances they get it appears you are right. They still score a lot, but should have way more

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I love Jack but he doesn’t strike me as a goalie that will take you all the way.

He's not. Even during his run he was showing flashes of being sub-par. Like that game where he gave the puck away twice in one game and it ended up in his net.

He's like .850 his last six games or so.

I love him, but lets be realistic, he's a back-up goaltender, that's all he'll ever be.

Clark4Ever

What we do in hockey echoes in eternity...
Oct 10, 2010
T.O.
We should have blown this game open but Holtby was outstanding.

Campbell is off lately.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
This is disappointing. This team is fundamentally weak mentally. They lack that killer instinct. Even if they win the next 11 games, it looks like another 1st round exit. They don’t have that switch in them to kill off their opponents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->