Post-Game Talk: Leafs lose 2-1 (SO)

likecheese

Oct 21, 2019
I only caught the 1st period last night but saw and saw that he fell on his face.
Was he alright?
Haven't heard any news yet today, I'm surprised he came back into the game, that looked like anything from a moderate to serious concussion when it happened.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Haven't heard any news yet today, I'm surprised he came back into the game, that looked like anything from a moderate to serious concussion when it happened.
Thanks.
I'm guessing if he came back he's ok.

Once

Jul 16, 2010
Sandin had some trouble in his own end but stayed relatively composed.

We have a lot to look forward to... some people here should embrace how good this kid is at only 19. Us fans have every right to be excited.

Reactions: LeafingTheWay

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Sucks but I thought the team played well and Andersen played well. Disturbing we're back to automatically losing in the shootout otherwise this isn't the game to go on a rabt about.

m1ker

Apr 11, 2014
keefe put 5 forwards out on a delayed penalty. I love the minor innovative things this team is starting

Reactions: weems

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
There's no defenseman I'd rather see with the puck than him. His decision making is really good. I hope his role continues to grow here, as there is a big gap to fill

It already feels close to Rielly's. Quick thinking, accurate passes, ability to skate himself away from trouble.

So much more valuable than a lumbering bruiser.

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Oh yeah don't get me wrong, my ideal healthy lineup has Marincin scratched and sitting out.

But I'm giving recognition to him this season because he deserves it. I've counted 2 terrible games out of the 10 games he's played. The other 8 were great. Maybe it's just me noticing this, but his neutral zone play is crazy (TSN mentioned it during the game too, finally getting recognition). I was watching the game with a few friends and none of them spotted those zone entry preventions (there was like 3 or 4 alone in the 1st period). In the morning if I get time, I'll record and share it!

It illustrates the importance of having that kind of player in the neutral zone for sure. That’s why 6’5” defensemen are always on cup contenders. Sometimes those factors need to be accounted for when balancing out the roster.

Reactions: LeafingTheWay

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Sandin had some trouble in his own end but stayed relatively composed.

We have a lot to look forward to... some people here should embrace how good this kid is at only 19. Us fans have every right to be excited.

Agreed. I just hope people don't hold him to super high, unrealistic expectations. I have a feeling people are going to do that with one of Sandin or Lilijegren and then heavily criticize them for not living up to the expectations they set :(

Captain14

Jan 3, 2018
Buffalo, NY
As crazy as it is - 19 year old Sandin might honestly be our best transition defensemen right now. He was very slick with his breakouts last night.
This. He is showing excellent vision and poise. His passes are on the money as well!

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline
3 point wins in regulation in the only way to go. Scrap overtime and shootout altogether. If they are tied at the end of regulation they both get a point. This loser point is a bunch of nonsense.

This doesn't work. If you scrap the SO and OT, you can't make regulation wins worth 3 points.

The only reason people want regulation wins to be 3 points is because currently an OT game hands out 3 points while a regulation game hands out 2 points. You are proposing we switch this to a regulation game handing out 3 points and a tied game 2 points.... Same issue.

3-2-1-0 (Reg Win, OT win, OT Loss, Reg Loss) is the obvious way to go. Especially if you don't want to bring back ties (no thanks!)

Only other viable option is:
2-1-0 (Reg Win, Tie, Reg loss)
Games back MLB format (Don't think this is actually a good idea because it means OT losses are worth nothing)

TDotMassive

Jul 13, 2018
6ix
After 3on3, the SO is such an anti-climax. It maybe used to be dramatic (though I've always hated it), but lately it feels like exactly what it is: the quickest way to decide a game that couldn't be decided after 65 minutes.
Agreed... they should do away with the shootouts and just play 3-on-3 until someone scores. It would rarely even reach 10 minutes and be way more entertaining for fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad