Recalled/Assigned: Leafs Loan Rasmus Sandin to Marlies | Re-Call Kevin Gravel

Kamiccolo

Truly wonderful, the mind of a child is.
Aug 30, 2011
Undisclosed research facility
tenor.png

Schooner

Sep 19, 2017
Wishful thinking for a day of cap savings and he will be back up for tomorrow

Reactions: Slot

OVO16

#WeTheNorth
Apr 16, 2017
Lol I’ve Been preaching to bring up Gravel for a while but I had no idea it was gonna be for sandin.

How the hell is Marincin and Holl still on the team

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
Makes sense. Saves a few games for late in the year if we need him, and he was only playing 12 minutes a game. Let that ELC slide and have him come back for a full time spot at a sweet cap hit for the next 3 years (no bonuses in his contract.

Might as well see what Marincin-Holl can do for a bit, and then maybe you can move one or both for some value when Dermott is back to a team like Winnipeg.

MyBudJT

Mar 5, 2018
I feel like Gravel is gonna get unnecessary hate just because he was the guy who got called up for Sandin.

Gravel was extremely solid in the pre-season and adds some much needed attitude in the back end.

I just wished it wasn’t for Sandin

It’s no big deal. Dermott was going to replace Sandin anyways.

Leafs don’t want to burn the 9 day contract slide.

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
This is the right call.

Sending him down before the 9 game mark avoids burning a year off his ELC. As good as Sandin looked, I think he could still benefit from more time in the AHL because he looked in over his head at times.

Huge learning experience for him to get NHL games at 19. He will be a full timer next season. There’s no rush with this player.

Its not your fault

Nov 24, 2016
Makes sense. Saves a few games for late in the year if we need him, and he was only playing 12 minutes a game. Let that ELC slide and have him come back for a full time spot at a sweet cap hit for the next 3 years (no bonuses in his contract.

Might as well see what Marincin-Holl can do for a bit, and then maybe you can move one or both for some value when Dermott is back to a team like Winnipeg.
That is how I think this places out as well.

Eye Test

End the soft perimeter hockey.
Apr 13, 2019
Toronto
Gravel actually had a good camp, not surprised he’s up just surprised it’s sandin and not holl

Buds17

Nov 29, 2015
The third pairing will be helped by Dermott's return. Still would have liked to have seen Sandin stay with the team though. However, if the move benefits the team overall in the long run, I'm good with it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ciao

bax

Mar 4, 2011
Canada
Kid will be a massive part of the team soon. This has been fun to watch. Hopefully he gets a couple more games this year.

Reactions: qqaz

biotk

Jan 3, 2017
Buffalo
The only responsible move. I called this in March. Hopefully he has been sent down soon enough that a year of development is not wasted. Sandin should not come back up until the Leafs' have a new coach whether that is sometime later this year or 3 or 4 years from now.

Reactions: ToMaLe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad