Line Combos: Leafs Lines Going Into Next Season (2018-2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
2. If you've watched Kappy more than last year, then you'd know he has great hands. His finishing last year was subpar though I admit (but his low sh% has to return to the mean, so expect more points).

Kapanen's SH% was OK. But he was playing with broken down linemates who couldn't for the life of them keep up with him and provide him any time or space. Not even Marner or Nylander would accomplish much if they had Plekanec and Komarov on their line either.

Reactions: Jthibault

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
Kapanen's SH% was OK. But he was playing with broken down linemates who couldn't for the life of them keep up with him and provide him any time or space. Not even Marner or Nylander would accomplish much if they had Plekanec and Komarov on their line either.

I meant his on-ice sh%. But yeah agreed. His oish% was 4.9% which was lower than the whole teams, crazy unlucky/low. Johnsson was 2nd worst, and Komarov 3rd worst.

Komarov missed so many feeds from Kapanen last year it's ridiculous. I strongly remember 4 for-sure tapins Komarov missed.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
I meant his on-ice sh%. But yeah agreed. His oish% was 4.9% which was lower than the whole teams, crazy unlucky/low. Johnsson was 2nd worst, and Komarov 3rd worst.

Komarov missed so many feeds from Kapanen last year it's ridiculous. I strongly remember 4 for-sure tapins Komarov missed.

You can be sure that if its Johnsson receiving, he's not going to miss those feeds that Komarov did or would.

LeafingTheWay

May 31, 2014
You can be sure that if its Johnsson receiving, he's not going to miss those feeds that Komarov did or would.

Yeah 100% agreed. I enjoyed Komarov as a top-6 two-way winger but last season Komarov was just plain terrible in any stat you looked at. Not even NHL level.

Nylander88

Aug 13, 2016
Ontario
Trade: Leivo, 1st (25th), Marlie D (Rosen or Borgman) for Tanev

Hyman-Matthews-Marner
Marleau-Nylander-Kapanen/Brown
Grundstrom-Kadri-Johnsson
Martin-Aaltonen-Brown/Kapanen

Rielly-Tanev
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Hainsey

Andersen
Sparks

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017

Hyman-Matthews-Marner

Rielly-Tanev
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Hainsey

Andersen
Sparks

Why throw away a first for a player who's likely to spend most of his time with the leafs on Robidas Island? If you are going to give up a first, it should be someone you can expect to be able to have on the ice for most of the season and playoffs. Tanev isn't that someone.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Why throw away a first for a player who's likely to spend most of his time with the leafs on Robidas Island? If you are going to give up a first, it should be someone you can expect to be able to have on the ice for most of the season and playoffs. Tanev isn't that someone.

The 25th pick overall, has a 8.3% chance of becoming a top 4 D, or Top 6 forward. There is a 46% chance that they pick plays more than 100 games in the NHL total.

Tanev IS a Top 6 forward, and even with his injury history, averages enough to play more than 100 games in two years.

Based on historical odds, Tanev is better than the #25 pick, and it's not close.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
The 25th pick overall, has a 8.3% chance of becoming a top 4 D, or Top 6 forward. There is a 46% chance that they pick plays more than 100 games in the NHL total.

Tanev IS a Top 6 forward, and even with his injury history, averages enough to play more than 100 games in two years.

Based on historical odds, Tanev is better than the #25 pick, and it's not close.

Tanev is a top 4 defenseman who *might* play as much as 80 games over the next 2 years for 9 million in cap as he is made of glass and has progressively played fewer and fewer games every year. The leafs should not want to pay 9 million and a 1st round draft pick for what projects to be his beach house on Robidas Island.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
Tanev is a top 4 defenseman who *might* play as much as 80 games over the next 2 years for 9 million in cap as he is made of glass and has progressively played fewer and fewer games every year. The leafs should not want to pay 9 million and a 1st round draft pick for what projects to be his beach house on Robidas Island.

100% Chance of Top 4 D, vs. 8% Chance of same
Let's just call the odds of 100 games even.

The math looks pretty simple.

If you prefer 8% odds, over 100% odds, good for you. I would take the logical, mathematical route personally.

Reactions: WizardOfNaz and MR4

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017

If you prefer 8% odds, over 100% odds, good for you. I would take the logical, mathematical route personally.

100% odds of a top 4 D spending most of his time collecting his millions while occupying his cap on Robidas Island instead of on the ice. Yay?

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009

No point using our first for an injury prone player. Half the league needs to rebuild, there will be takers if our first is available.

Reactions: Boutette

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
Leivo. Matthews. Johnsson
Marleau. Kadri. Marner
Kapenen Nylander. Hyman
Grundstrom. Lindholm. Brown

Rielly. Hainsey
Gardiner. Zaitsev
Dermott. Oz man

TML Dynasty

May 2, 2016
Grundstrom Matthews Johnsson
Marleau Kadri Marner
Hyman Nylander Kapenan
Alt/Lind/Brown/Leivo/Martin

Reilly Gards
Dermott Zaitsev
Holl/Oz/Borg/Rosen

OR if we get decent 3C

Kapanen Matthews Nylander
Marleau Kadri Marner
Hyman 3C Johnsson
Grund/Alt/Lind/Brown/Leivo/Martin

Reilly Gards
Dermott Zaitsev
Holl/Oz/Borg/Rosen

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Dubas and the leafs don’t do a thing like the leafs always do.
God damn Dubas not making deals - but I thought he traded Vesey away? - uhhh not good enough for me! Even if no other team has done a thing!

Jthibault

Jun 12, 2018

Hyman-Matthews-Marner

Rielly-Tanev
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Hainsey

Andersen
Sparks
Way too much for a guy made of glass

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
False. Fake News. Hyperbole.

You must be a major Canucks fan.

Last three years for Tanev on the DL from 2015-2018: 13 games, 29 games, 40 games. But sure, lets not let logic offer us on what that progression reveals. I bet if someone said, lets trade another first for Louis Ericksson you'd be all for it as well.

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
You must be a major Canucks fan.

Last three years for Tanev on the DL from 2015-2018: 13 games, 29 games, 40 games. But sure, lets not let logic offer us on what that progression reveals. I bet if someone said, lets trade another first for Louis Ericksson you'd be all for it as well.

Oh, so he missed 13 of 82 games, 29 of 82 games, and 40 0f 82 games?

So, he missed 82 games of 246 over three years? So he played 66.6% of all games? Somehow, in your mathematical world, missing 33% is "Most".

Here is a guy, who thinks missing 33% of games is "most" of the games.

Here is a guy, who thinks 8% odds, are better than 100% odds.

Hint, most means a majority, as in more than 50%... not 33%... so, either your post is completely false, or your math is so bad, that you were unaware of this.

I mean, perhaps you don't like Tanev, and that's cool... but these statements and claims are laughably off base, not to mention mathematically challenged.

You could say, I don't like Tanev, because he's injured quite a bit... that's true. But, he isn't injured most of the time. That's a false statement.

Reactions: MR4 and WizardOfNaz

jaric1862

Jan 14, 2014
-Biggest thing.....Sign Carlson (9x7)
-Trade Hainsey for Spezza after we sign Carlson. This leaves a spot for one of our young RHD to have a shot in the NHL (Holl, Ozhinganov, Liljergren)
-Try and trade Martin, if not just bury him in the minors
- Keep Aaltonen and Lindholm in the Minors until the trade deadline. Let them battle it out down there for the 4c spot, Then bring one of them up to replace Spezza.
- Take A chance and sign Czarnik. Guy is young and has had good numbers in the AHL. He hasnt been able to get in the lineup for boston due to their depth up front. Could turn out to be like Marchessault

Hyman-Matthews-Johnsson
Marleau-Kadri-Marner
Grundstrom-Nylander-Kapanen
Leivo-Spezza-Brown
Czarnik-Gauthier

Rielly-Carlson
Gardiner-Zaitsev
Dermott-Holl
Carrick

Andersen-Sparks

Last edited:

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
Oh, so he missed 13 of 82 games, 29 of 82 games, and 40 0f 82 games?

So, he missed 82 games of 246 over three years? So he played 66.6% of all games? Somehow, in your mathematical world, missing 33% is "Most".

Here is a guy, who thinks missing 33% of games is "most" of the games.

Here is a guy, who thinks 8% odds, are better than 100% odds.

Hint, most means a majority, as in more than 50%... not 33%... so, either your post is completely false, or your math is so bad, that you were unaware of this.

I mean, perhaps you don't like Tanev, and that's cool... but these statements and claims are laughably off base, not to mention mathematically challenged.

You could say, I don't like Tanev, because he's injured quite a bit... that's true. But, he isn't injured most of the time. That's a false statement.

His stints on the IR have been growing longer and longer and suggest a trend. Something you steadfastly pretend isn't happening. Interesting. I guess you were totally excited when the Leafs signed Lindros and tried to convince your friends he'd be fine too. How did that work out?

Mar 14, 2015
HymanMatthewsMarner
GrundstromKadriJohnson
MarleauNylanderKapanen
OpenBeagleBrown
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

ReillyHainsey
GardinerZaitsev
DermottHoll
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Andersen
Sparks
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
His stints on the IR have been growing longer and longer and suggest a trend. Something you steadfastly pretend isn't happening. Interesting. I guess you were totally excited when the Leafs signed Lindros and tried to convince your friends he'd be fine too. How did that work out?

1. Your assumptions are false.
2. Your information is false.
3. Your math is terrible.
4. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Reactions: MR4

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
1. Your assumptions are false.
2. Your information is false.
3. Your math is terrible.
4. Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Man, you are lobbying really heavily for the leafs to do the Canucks a huge favor. Enjoy your Vancouver weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->