Injury Report: Leafs: Kostka (Broken finger), Franson (Bruised Foot), Kessel (Wrist)

mashmont

May 27, 2011
Massachusetts
You have to admit, when our D is on their game. The other team takes a freaking beating in our zone..

Chara Seids Boychuk, Mcquaid.. that's a pretty mean group of guys

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
You have to admit, when our D is on their game. The other team takes a freaking beating in our zone..

When this team plays within the system and executes, it also helps, and that`s what they did in game 1.

Still a few opportunities that the boys gave up that I suspect CJ and his staff have gone over with them.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
that would be the best thing ever to get Lucic even more involved although he seems to have done that for himself already.

I don't see it happining though.

Well, if game 1 personnel decisions mean anything, would it be unheard of for Carlyle to do this????;)

Maybe a Tim Connelly citing too?

Gardiner is going to be a very good NHL offensive defensman but man is he soft, and panicky when pressure is applied, bring it on Randy

Grasshopperking

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2010
Brooklyn, NY

Tru dat.

I agree with ODAAT, it felt like they weren't completely buying into the system fr a while and it definitely affected their play. When they're all on the same page, they are a solid group. Hell, they're great!

I have faith that they'll keep it up :handclap:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Tru dat.

I agree with ODAAT, it felt like they weren't completely buying into the system fr a while and it definitely affected their play. When they're all on the same page, they are a solid group. Hell, they're great!

I have faith that they'll keep it up :handclap:

Just to clarify, I don`t for one minute, nor did I during the season ever feel this team wasn`t buying in nor tuning CJ out. From day 1, this team struggled to score, and when you can`t score, teams play tight as there is no wiggle room and the sticks get gripped too much, sometimes players try and do things they wouldn`t normally do.

If some of those early season pucks found the back of the net, the on ice execution, IMO, would have been as we have become accustomed to seeing defensively, they didn`t, and it`s not one bit shocking the defensive play was spotty too

While merely 1 game, you won`t convince this fan that the B`s players, right now, aren`t feeling energized with that game 1 effort, the DKH line "appears" to be getting a bit back on track, if the Bergy line puts up a few pts, trouble for anyone they play will ensue, it will open up so much ice for the 3rd and 4th line and THAT, is when the B`s bury teams

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
So...

Kessel's wrist injury is to the same wrist that limited him to 1 goal in his last 8 games last season and kept him out of the World Championships............

Just sayin

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
So...

Kessel's wrist injury is to the same wrist that limited him to 1 goal in his last 8 games last season and kept him out of the World Championships............

Just sayin

Ok Dom, you think you have sources??? Well so do I, my best friend`s buddies sister-in-law`s cousin was out for supper in Boston only to see whom??? Our buddy Phil, they were eating at the Dragon King Buffet House, don`t bother googling it, it`s a totally underground smorgasbord off the beaten track with only a few having VIP privileges and yes, Phil is one of them.

The set up---at the DKBH (as it`s known to the VIP`s) they are known for one special element, guests get to sear their own meat at one of the stations on the buffet, my best friend`s buddies sister-in-law`s cousin is adamant that what occurred is nothing short of gospel, both Phil and another patron (rumored to be John Goodman) both reached for the tongs to sear the other side of their meat, John became irate, Phil reciprocated, Goodman took Phil`s wrist, between his pointer finger and thumb, squeezed as hard as he could until Phil released said Tongs.

Phil was then seen by my best friend`s buddies sister-in-law running out of the DKBH holding his wrist, with tears streaming down his face

All legit

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
Ok Dom, you think you have sources??? Well so do I, my best friend`s buddies sister-in-law`s cousin was out for supper in Boston only to see whom??? Our buddy Phil, they were eating at the Dragon King Buffet House, don`t bother googling it, it`s a totally underground smorgasbord off the beaten track with only a few having VIP privileges and yes, Phil is one of them.

The set up---at the DKBH (as it`s known to the VIP`s) they are known for one special element, guests get to sear their own meat at one of the stations on the buffet, my best friend`s buddies sister-in-law`s cousin is adamant that what occurred is nothing short of gospel, both Phil and another patron (rumored to be John Goodman) both reached for the tongs to sear the other side of their meat, John became irate, Phil reciprocated, Goodman took Phil`s wrist, between his pointer finger and thumb, squeezed as hard as he could until Phil released said Tongs.

Phil was then seen by my best friend`s buddies sister-in-law running out of the DKBH holding his wrist, with tears streaming down his face

All legit

ZOMG!! yer lucke to heve suc cloose connectons

u da best!

Nice one. Made me laugh

rickizbruin

Feb 7, 2010
ONTARIO

All legit

ITS ALL TRUE... my butchers best friends sons barber twice removed by marriage saw the whole thing... except it wasnt john goodman.. it was one of the kardashians.... forgot which one.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Definitely took the L but actually got a nice shot or 2 in himself.

"komi" did throw 1 or 2 good punches. he also took about 10. not a bad ratio. at this rate, his face should be pretty caved in by now. after the leafs buy him out, i'm hoping he lands with one of our new division rivals. seeing lucic pound the daylights out of him remains one of my favorite moments in bruins history.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
So much over-confidence here, I hope that has not spread to the team itself. Remember what happened last year after winning game 1.

^ This. Remember loosing to the Flyers a couple of years ago...after being up by 3 games and up by 3 points in gane 7.

I hope the B's win.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
I can't believe how far this guy fell. He will probably be on the Panthers next year.

funny, i thought florida too...but if he did sign with them, i'd say he's either a glutton for punishment or just flat-out stupid since we'll see them 6 times. i'd go to phoenix. nice weather, nobody like lucic will be looking to maim him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad